Thread: Ebay muffler

Ebay muffler

anyone have any experience/input on this? im not really into it for performance more for looks. its really inexpensive so it would b nice if its legit. also i dont want it to sound crappy. any thoughts? thanks! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2448926865
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

well shit man! at 35 bucks buy it now, just buy it! if it sucks then sell it to some one that likes it. (maybe a local squid)
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

yeah normally i would but bein round xmas and all $35 bucks(and shipping) comes out to alot to waste on crap. id like to have some input on it b4 just goin for it. lol
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

or since thats not to much for you, buy it for me (like xmas or sumthin) and if its crap you can have it. lol
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    or since thats not to much for you, buy it for me (like xmas or sumthin) and if its crap you can have it. lol
    NO, you missunderstand me.... Money is not nothing to me, acually its hard to come by at times, alot of ebay stuff is cheap in quality as in not good, it really is up to you, i dont think anybody has that muffler on there car, i personally would just wait it out and save up to get a real good quality one. Or even a magnaflow is nice and cheap.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

OG Moderator
    just save up and keep looking for a goo used exhuast. I bought a brabus one for only really cheap . I think its the best looking thing too. yeah just keep looking in the classifields to get some quality stuff for cheap.
    Got BRABUS?

if you're trying to conserve money.. dont buy it.. for 35.00 i bet its crappy.. i bought similar stuff from ebay that was cheap... believe me.. save up and get something better..

speaking from experience

even if i could just find some decent tips (dual) not even the whole muffler id be happy but i dont have alot to spend. anyone know of some good tips/place to get them? i dont need them to say amg or anything. just look nice. thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

i have that...sounds really good, which is weird actually...i mean, come on look at the price.... its deep and not too loud.

Originally posted by ryhi
    i have that...sounds really good, which is weird actually...i mean, come on look at the price.... its deep and not too loud.
    This is really important to me. You are implying it is louder than stock? Know anyone with a Db meter? I'd by it and saw off the tips and weld on the AMG ones if it was just as loud as stock.
    Did you weld the hangers on it or did it come with them?
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

of course its louder than stock...it is NOTHING like those ricer honda's sound...sorry i dont know anyone with a dB meter...i just brought it to a muffler shop, and they chopped off my old muffler, put a lil piping, welded the new one on, and made new hangers..it costed me $25

if ur just going to chop off the tips and weld new ones after u get it, id say get a magnaflow that looks like AMG

Originally posted by moebiusgold
    This is really important to me. You are implying it is louder than stock? Know anyone with a Db meter? I'd by it and saw off the tips and weld on the AMG ones if it was just as loud as stock.
    Did you weld the hangers on it or did it come with them?
    Moe

Dont go with this muffler! Go with a high quality onethat will give you real HP gains, or get a whole new exhaust system......wait are we talking for the 43 or 36?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

CKlasse
    Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    even if i could just find some decent tips (dual) not even the whole muffler id be happy but i dont have alot to spend. anyone know of some good tips/place to get them? i dont need them to say amg or anything. just look nice. thanks!
    TIPS? did someone say TIPS??

Here is part of our collections.....

and the turbine plus AMG style tips

You might find this thread helpful also
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=1711

CKLASSE, can you get a deal on any of that stuff? i dunno if id have enough to get a muffler right now but i would like to get some tips. im not sure that im into the oval style but i kinda like the remus style (square tips) do you have ones that would work for a 99' c280? and around how much? thanks in advance!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by jnolte
    Moe

Dont go with this muffler! Go with a high quality onethat will give you real HP gains, or get a whole new exhaust system......wait are we talking for the 43 or 36?
    36, It has a terminal crack where a baffel weld is and it's gowing ~1/4" a day.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

Originally posted by moebiusgold
    36, It has a terminal crack where a baffel weld is and it's gowing ~1/4" a day.
    Get a turbine muffler from Cklasse!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Here are some muffler facts. All free flow mufflers give you the same horsepower. Changing out the muffler on a C280 will give you a max of about 2 horsepower. The sound difference comes from materials such as metal thickness and fiberglass packing. Welded mufflers last much much longer than crimped metal mufflers. The best material that will look good for many years is stainless steal.

Here's my experience. I have a single outlet, oval tipped Ractive muffler. Say what you want but it looks damn good and sounds identical to Supersprint on the same car. I have an 18 inch glasspack in front of the muffler to tone down any harsh sounds. The whole system including larger pipe from the catalytic converter back cost me less than 300 dollars.

my freind has a ractive muffler on his Geo metro, it sounds good.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

No jnolte. No it doesn't. It's a Geo.

Originally posted by DougandhisC280
    No jnolte. No it doesn't. It's a Geo.
    U know 3Cyl metro witht he ractive sounds real good, i betcha hes gettin like 100 hp gain with it. And with a AEM sticker that it has adds like 25 at least.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

geos are the most fun cars u could ever drive so dont make fun

Elvir
    Baaa

Originally posted by jnolte
    U know 3Cyl metro witht he ractive sounds real good, i betcha hes gettin like 100 hp gain with it. And with a AEM sticker that it has adds like 25 at least.
    I'm going to have to back jnolte up on this one, those stickers really do add alot of hp.

I had a geo metro 2 door on Kauai when they first came out. Going 65 in pouring rain when the AC compressor kicked in was like loosing one of the 3 cylinders. The only good thing about it was 38 to 40 MPG no matter what I did. Oh and it blended in with the other 1000 rental ones (or so it seemed) that were there. My stealth mode again.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36