Thread: Need: Shop Manual/CD

Need: Shop Manual/CD

Does anyone out there have a shop manual (CD or Hardcopy) that would include a 1996 C220, and possibly the later C230 & C230 Kompressor? IF so, could I please get a copy from you? I am willing to pay if necessary.

I am doing a major rebuild, and having these manuals would be extremely helpful.

TIA,
    Jason

Email me at jasonhenshaw@attbi.com
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

CKlasse
    I always refer to Haynes' manual for W202.. you can purchase them from Trollhattan for about $24 along with other OEM parts.

Shoot an email to melody@cybertroll.com

Thanks CKlasse,

Looks like they don't offer that one (at least advertise it) in the US. You can see it on the UK site though. I talked to Trollhattan's as you suggested & they can get it to me... thanks.

It sounds like you already have it? From the description I read on the Haynes UK site, it sounds like it excludes the Kompressor. Is this true? Nonetheless, I will certainly get it regardless.

Thanks again,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(

Im still waiting on the 202 cd to be released to the public. I'll keep you guys updated when it comes out.

RB needs to make a shop manual for us.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

CKlasse
    Yes I bought it from Trollhatan couple months ago. The manual is for C180, c200, c220, c230 and C250. No I6s.

Good luck

Question

But it does not include the c230K right?

Thanks,
    Jason

CKlasse
    no.. no kompressors or AMG included in the book

Are you thinking about convert your 2.2 onto kompressor spec?

No, I will still use the 2.2 block (will bore it out a bit but not all the way to a 2.3). I just wanted to know the spec & tolerance differences between my 220 & the Kompressor motors. Thankfully, KLEEMANN (Brandon @Kleemann) is willing to help me & my shop get needed info.

Big TIA to KLEEMANN!

However, I will also be getting that Haynes manual in addition. I really thank you for letting me know about it. I probably would have just gave up after searching the US site, and would not have ventured to the UK without your tip.

Jason

CKlasse
    looks like you are gonna have some fun! I cant wait til summer.. I am renting one bay including tools for 4 weeks. The bad news is... i have to wait til then!

Anyone ever buy one of those repair manual CD's advertised on EBay? Are they as comprehensive as the Haynes manual?

TIA,
    Jason

CKlasse
    I believe those are EPC..not repair manuals. Yes, I bought a set for part # reference.

EPC... what does that stand for?

According to the descriptions provided, these are supposedly shop manauals that give the level of detail for engine rebuilding ect.

Think I might just get it and find out.

Jason

CKlasse
    EPC - Electronic Part Catalog, I believe.

It would be pretty cool, if there is an actual electronic manual Keep me updated!

Repair manual CD on ebay

Anyone tried one of these?

It says its a full repair manual. Looks like its the best thing out there now for a C280.

Originally posted by hajami
    Repair manual CD on ebay

Anyone tried one of these?

It says its a full repair manual. Looks like its the best thing out there now for a C280.
    I SO NEED one of those.

I want to know the steps to remove parts, torque specs, etc.

I have the EPC and the wiring diagrams, now it's the missing link in my kit.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

it ends in 20h

I will buy it if no one races me for the high bid (I bet the guy will post another one right after, and after, and after so no need to make the bid go higher)

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation