Thread: Help! Tow Hook (RED) for cars that are difficult to tie down

Help! Tow Hook (RED) for cars that are difficult to tie down

Hello,

I have seen these red tow hook (eyelets) where someone can hook a chain to, such that they can tie down a very low car to a trailer or a tow truck with a flat bed. I woud like some help to locate these.

See the attached picture on the front bumper of this 190E EVOII.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforu...threadid=82800

I can scan a picture of it on a C-class DTM with the same deal if you need.

Thanks,

Austin

The trick way to tie low cars down is with special straps over the front tires. That way the suspension still does its thing. Go to a drag race and see how the locals do it.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

Usually I use four yellow straps, one around each wheel at the lowest spoke. Sometimes I have to turn (rotate) the wheel to keep the valve stem out of the way. Usually I am tying down Mercedes-AMG cars, so they are pretty low as it is, and the factory tow hook locations, a normal hook will not fit, you have to get special t hooks and J hooks.

These red rings are required for any race car so I have heard, I just dont know where to get them.

OG Moderator
    The tow ring hooks you are reffering to can be had from a few places. I have been looking at some of those, I believe the website is www.kingsmart.com.hk

Here is an example of a universal tow hook via DTM:

and

You would have to attach it to a secure piece of the frame by custom welding it.

Let me know how it turns out
    Token Chrysler owner

That looks about right for what I am looking for.

I wonder how I could get my hands on some of the ones that AMG uses for the DTM cars.

Thanks,

OG Moderator
    I am not sure they are "brand specific" just die cut metal pieces that can be custom fabbed by the race team.
    Token Chrysler owner

scan the c-calss please i would like to see what they look like on a c-class dtm racer. TIA.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=3022

I found some NOS AMG tow hook extentions for the rear if anyone is interested.