Thread: Those camber kits

Those camber kits

Just wondering how those camber kits are doing for all the people who purchased them. Im thinking of getting one if there are no complaints and if there are anymore available. I dont remember who was selling them but if there are anymore Ide be interested. J Irwan did you purchase this upgrade and if so what do you think of it?

thx

DAMN ur "thinking" of getting everything, but what i have learned is u just gotta do it.

But three point six did a install use THE SEARCH!! SpeedyBenz sells them.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    DAMN ur "thinking" of getting everything, but what i have learned is u just gotta do it.

But three point six did a install use THE SEARCH!! SpeedyBenz sells them.
    Memories of when Jnolte was new to the site hehe and everyone was dogging him for it. Now the role's reversed haha.

Glad you made it Jnolte
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

I've got the adjustable rear camber arm kit on my car -- It's fantastic -- go ahead and get it, if Speedybenz has any left.

Car tracks better, rear tires last longer -- if your car is lowered you definately need this kit.

marc
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Does anybody on this forum have a camber plate? I was talking to someone w/ a lowered C36 who had a camber plate on his ride and he seemed to be happy with, but I'm not really sure what they are or how they're used...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
    Does anybody on this forum have a camber plate? I was talking to someone w/ a lowered C36 who had a camber plate on his ride and he seemed to be happy with, but I'm not really sure what they are or how they're used...

are you sure its camber plate..not camber bolt..??

camber plate is usually for a strut designed suspension , in which normally for front application.

I don't think you could use a camber plate for W202 application..

to make sure you understand what I am talking about below is a pic of ground control camber plate for E36 M3 application

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Originally posted by J Irwan
    are you sure its camber plate..not camber bolt..??
    Regardz,
    What's up J Irwan, it could be a camber bolt, I'll ask him again to make sure.

These are the camber plates I make for earlier chasis cars such as the 201 and 124. These are Mercedes specific with asymetrical bolt configuration.

They dont work on the 202 because they use a double arm configuration in front and 5 link in the rear. Both use shocks not struts. Struts are not only a dampener but a structural member to the susupension. The position of the strut not only effects the camber but also caster.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by MRP Motorsports
    These are the camber plates I make for earlier chasis cars such as the 201 and 124. These are Mercedes specific with asymetrical bolt configuration.

They dont work on the 202 because they use a double arm configuration in front and 5 link in the rear. Both use shocks not struts. Struts are not only a dampener but a structural member to the susupension. The position of the strut not only effects the camber but also caster.

hey man

that is some cool stuff you have there...and yes you're right

camber plate affect changes in caster as well..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Thank you.

All the R&D and testing consumed several hundred hours this past year.