Thread: Custom Rear Sway Bar Pics

Custom Rear Sway Bar Pics

Below is a pic of my rear sway bar and the rear suspension links. Since this photo I have also replaced the toe arm.

If you look at the sway bar just after the mounts you can notice that the end is splined. I took a splined coller and welded the stock sway bar arm to it so that the coller would slide onto the splined sway bar. By using different sized splined sway bars I can change the roll stiffness at the rear of the car.

1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Dang, that's some nice looking gear right there in the back! So have you been able to calibrate it to different settings yet? How does it fell?

I have bent my knuckel in the rear by 1 degree accoring to my mechanic, how hard is it for me to replace this part, I have done some on my other cars mainly 1960's Cutlass convertable show car it held in with 4 bolt on the front, as the rear is a solid axel so it dosent have any, unlike the the benz

thanks

OG Moderator
    speedybenz: The Penske shocks ur running.. r they made for c-classes or did u madify them to fit?? I need new shocks.. I'd like something with adjustable dampening. what do u recommend?
    and how hard was it to get out the stock old sway bar??.. did u have to drop the rear sub frame a bit for clearance?.. I have an Eibach sway bar kit.. but still have not installed the rear bas as I didnt have enough time ot install it when I did the front one.. and the rear subframe bolts didnt move at all.. the fronts did move tho, luckily!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--