Thread: Its Time For My First Power Mod

Its Time For My First Power Mod Lorinser Exhaust

ok this is what i am looking for, cat back system for my car, and some headers, although mine look pretty cool. do the factory ones have like a gold bronze heat sheild, and will i see any proformance gains with headers if i dont replace the stock cats? if not then just a cat back system will do.

I can do all my own welding work, just need some one to bend the pipes or sugest a good company, Supersprint, ect???

I am also not looking to break the bank on this mod 600- 700

OG Moderator

Re: Its Time For My First Power Mod

Originally posted by Andrew C280
    ok this is what i am looking for, cat back system for my car, and some headers, although mine look pretty cool. do the factory ones have like a gold bronze heat sheild, and will i see any proformance gains with headers if i dont replace the stock cats? if not then just a cat back system will do.

I can do all my own welding work, just need some one to bend the pipes or sugest a good company, Supersprint, ect???

I am also not looking to break the bank on this mod 600- 700
    RE: breaking the bank

- headers are about 1000+ and a cat back system is pretty pricey if you go with name brand. What i did was just save up and look around for dealls in the classifields. For the exhuast i would do what speedy benz did or check out the classifiled Cthirtysix is selling his CKlasse exhuast for a c280. good luck.
    Got BRABUS?

I talked with a guy from toronto and he got a custom exhaust all stainless for his car for $680 canadian. Of course it going to be much more expencive buying something from remus that just bolts in. I know those options are out there and they yelid average hp results.

What I was asking is what componets should I use for cats, resenators and exhaust, pipe diameters and other things for a complete custom setup that might yeild better an bolt on results.

P.s There is a place called ebay i have saved tones on oem mercedes parts on there and a junk yard you would be amazed at what you can find like a AMG exhaust for 700 less that retail that like new.

here in quebec I yet have to find a W202 in a scrapyard. It seems they just diseappear:P

I'm also interested in a custom setup, you can maybe ask CKlasse, he's the expert

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

theres an exotic car junk yard which has some mercedes stuff its not a conventional junk yard like you would think theres not tones of cars sitting in a grassy feild its just used parts from wrecks, there are though a few benz that are wrecked in southern ontario you just have to know where to find them. looks like C Klasse is the man for exhausts.

Ok i decided on a lorinser exhaust dose anyone one have one on there C280 that could send me a sound file. also i would like to replace the resononator with a different one then i will have all new exhaust from the cat back, should i go with the restricitive on from the dealer or something else, lorinser