Thread: switch automatic for manual climate control?

switch automatic for manual climate control?

Hello all,
    I was wondering if it's possible to switch my 99 C43 automatic climate control head with the manual one that is in a 99 C230. I think the auto one SUCKS, and you can't control side to side individually.

I doubt it's plug and play, and the dash panel would need to be changed, but is it possible without too much BS? Thanks-
    WTS
    1999 C43

well.... i was looking to go the other way.. but i was told that i would have to gut the entire ventilation system and install a new one in order to acheive that

Re: switch automatic for manual climate control?

Originally posted by toamend
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if it's possible to switch my 99 C43 automatic climate control head with the manual one that is in a 99 C230. I think the auto one SUCKS, and you can't control side to side individually.

I doubt it's plug and play, and the dash panel would need to be changed, but is it possible without too much BS? Thanks-
    WTS

Wow. There is always one!

Everybody I know with a w202, wants Climate. Not the other way around!
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

After using both systems for a while, the manual is simply easier and more predictable to use. The Automatic thinks it is smart enough to compensate for ambient tempararture and ends up getting confused. Plus, I like the look of the selector dials and the rotor temp controls of the manual.

Anyways, too much of a job to actually invest in. If it was just the head and the panel then I'd do it.
    1999 C43