Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedybenz's SS Oil filter

Speedybenz's SS Oil filter

So Jeff, what is the advantage of going with a SS mesh oil filter? Also, could you take more pics of your ram-air system?

Much Gras!
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Below is the pic of the Stainless Steel oil filter. The biggest benefit is that there is zero flow restriction, so on engine start up oil gets moving quickly and gets to all the engine parts much faster reducing engine wear and piston ring scuffing.

2ndly, because there is no flow resistriction is take less energy to move the oil through the car, so it frees up a small amount of engine Hp. It also helps keep the oil pressure more consistant. Some oil filters can reduce oil pressure up to 20 psi on the outlet side due to poor construction or design.

Filtering of the oil media is also very good and this filter catches particles down to a constant 30 micron in size. Paper filter will filter oil from about 15 to over 300 microns depending on the paper the and the holes or openings in the paper filter.

I have had it on my engine for about 2,500 miles and it works flawlessly.

1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

hmm, that's cool.

will this fit on a 202 C230K?

what brand is it and where can i get one?
    1999 C230K Sport
    Upsolute Chip
    BMC Airfilter

It will fit all the W202's, W210, W208 and W203's I believe.

Price and availabilty will be determined shortly.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Nice looking filter Jeff. I take it this is re-usable as well?

Let us know
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Hi Rocky,

Yes it is reusable. It would be the last filter you would ever by for your Mercedes.

When I clean it I put down some paper towels and use brake cleaner to flush out the crude. Then everything falls on the towels and I can then look at the particles to see what been floating around in my engine.

Jeff

Kewl kewl..man you make awesome stuff..you should be on a fabricating show like thos motorcycle shows hahaha.

Any idea if your going to Fab this and how much?

BTW, I read you were looking for a spoiler. I have one of those flat one off ebay. I just bought a Zender one so i'll be taking it off in the future. Let me know if your interested.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator
    Hey jeff that looks tight, How can i get one of them things me and my cosuin just ran outta filters and i need to buy some soon and would loove to get that instead.

Please let us know when there avaible.

thanks alot
    Got BRABUS?

Has anyone bought this oil filter?
    744 C230K

can you ship the oil filter along with the camber arms when i send you the money thanks speedy how much for filter

CKlasse
    Jeff,

Call me @ 303 629 0935. Let's talk

Ken

Ken, check your email!!!

Jeff, you too!

Tom

Jeff, Hook me up on that filter-
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only

Below is the contact info for getting one of those filters. They are very sweet.

Tell Dave I sent you.

Thanks, Jeff

Dave Fisher
    303-428-8384
    4871 W 89th Way
    Westminster, CO 80031

Webpage:http://www.kandpengineering.com/who.html

I've been to the site but I am slightly confused... How does this bad boy work? It threads into our engine blocks?

Thomas, Dave made a oil filter that fits where the stock filter fits and works in the same way.

To install the SS oil filter you just remove the stock filter and put the new SS oil filter in. Tighten he cap and go.

His core business is motorcycle oil filters and he wants to expand his market into cars.

Jeff

OG Moderator
    Jeff when do you think those filters will be available to buy, I know that I am down for two. Maybe we can setup a group buy for them. Please let me know when they're for sale.
    Got BRABUS?

Originally posted by speedybenz
    Thomas, Dave made a oil filter that fits where the stock filter fits and works in the same way.

To install the SS oil filter you just remove the stock filter and put the new SS oil filter in. Tighten he cap and go.

His core business is motorcycle oil filters and he wants to expand his market into cars.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff,

I will contact him tonight or tomorrow.

wondering what happen to this?? sure does sound good.. and i'm up for a oil change soon also..

K&P has some Mercedes Oil Filters in stock I think. His phone is 303-428-8384. Dave Fisher is the owner, you will have to hagle with him on price, but he is a nice guy and the product is very nice and rugged.

Jeff

CKlasse
    Yeah, I talked to him a while ago. Cool guy!

how has the filter been treating your engine?? pros/cons?? how much did you guys buy your filter for??

old thread I know but this seems simple enough to do, can we get a group buy for this or a place where I can get this jeff? I emailed the guy from the site a few times but no reply, anyone?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

so it can replace the 104 oil filters in m111 motors?

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    old thread I know but this seems simple enough to do, can we get a group buy for this or a place where I can get this jeff? I emailed the guy from the site a few times but no reply, anyone?
    I emailed him a few times as well. I would also like to get my hands on one of these.

Tom