Thread: Few Ideas for some improvement

Few Ideas for some improvement

I have a couple ideas that I'm not sure will do any good. What do you guys think?

1) Use those thermal wraps for turbos on the headers. I know theres a tonne of heat under there and the thermal wrap should lower some of that heat.

2) a carbon fiber driveshaft. Lighter the better.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Heat wrap is good to lower under hood temperatures. It also improves exhasut velocity, typically, by reducing heat loss in the manifold.

The MB drive shafts are pretty light already. They are made from thin wall aluminum on my sportline drivetrain and weigh only about 5lbs for both sections.

Rocky,

I believe that Cooltec makes a header cover that would be suitable to use and would most likely reduce the under hood temps and maybe reduce the intake air temps. And reducing the intake air temps would gain some Hp.

A CF driveshaft is also a good idea and there are a few people who make these. I have no idea what a W202 driveshaft weighs so I don't know how much benefit it would be. But even a small reduction in the Moment of Interia of the driveline will result in faster acceleration of the car.
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Rocky,

Find a builder for the CF drive shafts and maybe we can set up a group buy.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

I would weigh your drive shafts first to see how nuch of a difference is actually there if any. I'm skeptical of any improvement based on my past experience. You would be better served trying to get light weigh flex disks as they weight more than the driveshafts on my car.

Custom CF driveshafts would be expensive as heck up here in Canada. I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Besides the weight, doesn't rigidity factor in as well? CF is more rigid no?
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator
    hey jeff where can i find that header cover, it it just a wrap or is it a plate kinda cover??

Thanks
    Got BRABUS?