Thread: My Stealership wants $20 for radio removal tools

My Stealership wants $20 for radio removal tools

My Stealership wants $20 for radio removal tools and they will call me back later this afternoon for the price of the cluster removal tools, I just cant wait !!!

is this a normal price ?

for the radio you can use a small knife that fits in the slots, on mbworld.org someone made the cluster removal tools with a coat hanger

hmm they cost: "OEM Becker Radio removal keys, BNA-1184.989 ($1.76 set) Plus $5.00 small order handling fee" directly from becker of na.... or $9.95 from ebay...
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)

if u r replacing the headunit with another head unit, the new ones should come with keys

ELvir
    Baaa

i just used a small knife n moved it around in each slot...worked fine!

Originally posted by C280 JR
    if u r replacing the headunit with another head unit, the new ones should come with keys

ELvir
    not for the factory radio...
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)

Originally posted by tommyt77v1
    for the radio you can use a small knife that fits in the slots, on mbworld.org someone made the cluster removal tools with a coat hanger
    Yep, I made them

What you do is get two thin metal coat hangers, but make sure they're sturdy metal, not flimsy ones. Cut off the horizontal piece across the bottom on both. Then, at one of the ends, measure about 2 inches then bend it 90 degrees as best you can. Repeat for the other one.

Voila, now you have cluster removal tools

-G-

\'94 C220 150,000 miles

ok the stealership did not make me pay for the radio keys but for the cluster removal tools so that is not to bad