Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: simulated HID bulb recommendation

I've got some Purple coated bulbs in my car. (Not Hella) They are the closest color I have seen to some HID systems. Particularly the HID on Acuras and Lexuses where the color is almost pinkish. The ones I have are very bright as well.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

What brand are your bulbs.

Have any of you tried motionR bulbs. They are quite expensive for headlight bulbs.

http://www.dreamtrade.com/motionr/

Originally posted by BoominBenz
    I've got some Purple coated bulbs in my car. (Not Hella) They are the closest color I have seen to some HID systems. Particularly the HID on Acuras and Lexuses where the color is almost pinkish. The ones I have are very bright as well.
    There every bright, because of the watts, are they more then 55W or the color and is the brightest centered on the road ahead or dispersed all over the road? Thanks
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

i have hella optix in my 98 c230, next to silverstars, and piaa the optix look better than both of those. put them next to the real hid's and little diiference. they are brighter than the piaa and silverstars, and do give you the closest output in terms of color and brightness, not mention they are cheaper too, about $30 usd.:bunny: :shock:

are these hella optix bulbs tinted(blue,purple)?
    1998 C280 Desert Silver (sister owns this now)
    2005 BMW 325i

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H4.asp

From what I can see only the 100% bulbs are coated purple.

The 30% and 50% bulbs have been out for a long time, I don't remember those being coated.

Originally posted by audiophile
    i have hella optix in my 98 c230, next to silverstars, and piaa the optix look better than both of those. put them next to the real hid's and little diiference. they are brighter than the piaa and silverstars, and do give you the closest output in terms of color and brightness, not mention they are cheaper too, about $30 usd.:bunny: :shock:
    Are you using the optix standard 55W or 100w, My 99 C280 has H7 for low beams so I don't know if my questions applies toa 98?
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

H1 Yellow Bulbs

I think I am going to order a pair of H1 yellow bulbs for my driving/fog lights on my 99 C280, I think it would make a very cool look at night. Our state inspection only checks the high and low beams, but not the fog lights so I should be able to get thru inspection next month.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

The IS300 and other cars come from the factory with yellow fog lights so you should not have a problem passing inspection.

Most Mercedes-Benz models from the early 80's had them as well.

Originally posted by dilligaf
    The IS300 and other cars come from the factory with yellow fog lights so you should not have a problem passing inspection.

Most Mercedes-Benz models from the early 80's had them as well.
    I knew about Mercedes,but not about the IS300, by the way I really like the IS300. I going to order the Yellow H1 today and I'll post how I like them.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

Yellow bulbs

I have a 1987 300D that came factory with white fog lights with a yellow glare guard. I took off the glare guards about a year ago, and I think that it was one of the best ideas. It put out a cleaner, more handleable light that didnt bother other drivers. Just my two cents. I hope if you do get them that you enjoy them.

Wink

Oh, and I think that the W124 cars came with fog lights all the way up until the face lift.

they are tinted blue. they rock! oh yeah and don't worry about getting a chessey blue tint when they turn on, they really almost look like hid's. :banana:

Yellow bulbs are on the way, they

should be here today or tomorrow, going to be a lousy weekend weather wise, so I hope to have a Beta test early next week.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

they are tinted blue. they rock! oh yeah and don't worry about getting a chessey blue tint when they turn on, they really almost look like hid's. :banana:
    Which bulbs are you talking about? The hella 100% ?

thanks

I got he Hella bulbs

I have them installed and took some pix, but can't figure out how to post them on this site. Below on this reply page I may not post any attachments! Can anybody give me a hand with this?
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

hella optix

So, does anyone have pics of the Hella 100% purple coated optilux bulbs?

thanks

Yes

hella optix
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280