Thread: Oh oh need tire advise

Oh oh need tire advise

michelin pilot sports for the front are on back order and i don't have the time to wait for them
    i'm running on wires lol

question is what other tires would you recommend
    i'm thinking about
    pirelli p-zero nero
    i hope they are not as thick/wide as SO3's
    any input on them or other recommended?
    i'm ordering them within next couple hrs or so
    thanks in advance
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

ha found a good post by J Irwan
    tyty J

You might want to try ther Kumho MX tires. I have them on my C43 and they work pretty damn good. Wear is good and noise is low. And they cost much less than Michelin's.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator
    Does kumho MX comes in 255/35/18?

Originally posted by pnsji
    Does kumho MX comes in 255/35/18?
    yes my freind has the on his Acura 3.2
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jnolte
    yes my freind has the on his Acura 3.2
    according to
    http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/Ptn...=1&PtnID=KU-15

They do not have that size.

This is why I asked speedybenz what size he is using (maybe 17").

Originally posted by pnsji
    according to
    http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/Ptn...=1&PtnID=KU-15

They do not have that size.

This is why I asked speedybenz what size he is using (maybe 17").
    whoops, i mean Kumho ecsta supra 712...IMHO not a good tire.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jnolte
    whoops, i mean Kumho ecsta supra 712...IMHO not a good tire.
    those are VERY different than the MX.

OG Moderator
    Euro

The reason I always like P-Zero is that it has almost not rim protection, yet it offer the widest foot print compare to other brand with the same size.

So I could fit 265/35/18 on my 18" mono withouth worried that the tires would be to wide.

However the 2 tires I know to have excellent rim protection ring is S-02 and S-03 , the down side is that it will minimize you clearance and you couldn't go as wide as P-Zero family.

Since the rim protection ring alone will consume the spacer under the fender..

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...o&pagenumber=2

Also here is 3 different p-zero with the P-zero yellow is the original P-Zero and famous P-Zero as it is a 1987 technology (it was the made exclusively for Ferrari F-40 OEM tires before available for commercial market).

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...ht=p+zero+nero

I have driven C32 with Michelin Pilot Sport but the thing is that it doesn't seems to be great dry traction and the sidewall a little to soft, I can feel the back of the car sliding on cornering due to the sidewall
    I have heard great review so far about Michelin Pilot Sport2 (from owners who used to run Pilot Sport)

And the yoko AVS-sport is very sticky tires esp on dry (you would feel this especially under heaving brake, since the tread has more contact area compare to other tires (due to its tread design), however there are very very noisy...

I have not tried Kumho yet.

Also for some reason Dunlop don't realease their latest model Dunlop SP Super Sport P9000 in US in which has more aggressive pattern than regular Dunlpo Super Sport P9000

Another tire I'd like to give a try is Conti sport 2

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

I do not reccomend the Kuhmo's. Get anything else. Eurosport, did you try Factory direct tire and Discount tire locally? They were in stock when I called 2 months ago.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

no one had anything in stock just went with tirerack again
    pirellis pzero nero should be here friday
    i gots no other ride atm so i'm kinda stuck lol
    they look like very good tires and mostlikely will eliminate any rubbing that i had with SO3's on huge bumps
    i hope
    i hope
    i hope
    will let you know

btw thanks J, you had good writeups with awesome links to the tests etc. on them

A performance shop here as well as the instructors for a racing school I attended all run Kumho MX, V700, etc and highly recommend Kumho (except 711, 712). I'm putting a set of Kumho MX on mine this weekend- they seem like a good deal, we'll see how they perform.

OG Moderator
    I just realized this thread under performance tuning (thanks to Weatherman )
    So I move it to where it belong --> suspension tuning

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

got them replaced today finally
    first impression more quiet than SO3's and better steering response, haven't driven too far yet so can't say anything about things that haven't been tested yet.
    but definitely a thumbs up
    oh and the biggest suprise, no rubbing on that big bump i always had trouble with ;p
    thanks for your imput guys

Originally posted by J Irwan

Another tire I'd like to give a try is Conti sport 2

Regardz,
    Yep, so do I , so I think I will order my set tommorow. I just love the F-1 Rain tread look that will set it apart from the crowd and German brand to match.

Continental linky for sport II's....
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...master_en.html
    1996 C36 /////AMG..(sold).....now rolling an \'05 EVO VIII

S04's

I also like the looks of the Conti 2's but I know they wear very fast, from my friend who had them on a BMW E46.

I still like my Kumho MX. They are much better than the Dunlop SP9000 and the Kumho 712 I have had on a C Class. I had a front set of P Zero Nero on my C43 and they just did not match up with the rear Kumho MX, plus they are pretty narrow.

Moebius, I think you would like the Kumho MX on your C43 they do work very well on mine.
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

I just got the Kumho MX last weekend- like them so far, night/day difference from the Pilot Sport A/S replaced. We've had rain for the last few days and the tires have been great, no lack of confidence.
    all sold

Kuhmos'

Thanks for the advice guys. The Kuhmos' that I don't like are the Ecsta Supra 712. I'll give the MXs' a try. I think that I have the wife convinced that I need 18s instead of the 17s and 19s that I presently have. Glad to hear the MX work well in the rain. Pretty important for everyday stuff in my neck of the woods.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

Just another update:

This tires are great- had heavy rain again and no issue with hydroplaning or traction concerns. In fact, I feel more comfortable with these than the Pilot Sport A/S that were on here (though they were a little worn...).

Seriously, a great tire.
    all sold