Thread: wood trim alternative

INTERIOR trim alternatives

im getting tired of my wood trim, but i dont want to go and get the CF trim that all the "sport" models have. I want something different from everyone else's 202.
    Does anyone know if the interior trim can be sanded, primed, and painted. I was thinking 744 silver to match the exterior. Ultimately I'd like a brushed aluminum look, but wouldn't know how to execute that. ANY thoughts are appreciated.
    744 C230K

i was thinking the exact same thing

please let me get that if you are gonna paint

i want the burlwood and i would give you some cash in addition to the trade of mine to paint....let me know..

redheaddreadloc@aol.com

If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Yeah Renn just like that. So I guess I wouldn't be the first. Oh well, I still think it looks awesome. It says that he painted those pieces so I guess it is possible.
    What about using actual pieces of sheet metal and sanding them down to get that brushed look?
    744 C230K

Does anyone know the owner of the 202 in Renn's link?
    744 C230K

Yes, that's Jon P's car. member wald here.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Hey Jon P. if youre out there would you like to share how you constructed your trim? Just wondering if its as simple as I hope.
    744 C230K

Actually, I think it's for sale. I believe he's looking for a swap though. You can find his e-mail on this page:

http://www.eurosportiff.com/w202parts.html

search. think. do. post.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by steponit
    Hey Jon P. if youre out there would you like to share how you constructed your trim? Just wondering if its as simple as I hope.
    From the look of it, you might need to sand down the trim then prime it and have it paint at a reputable bodyshop..

nothing so secret about it

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

you guys think its a DIY project? cuz someone did their own eyelids and they looked pretty good.
    744 C230K

you guys think its a DIY project? cuz someone did their own eyelids and they looked pretty good.
    If you're good at painting...then I see no reason to farm out the work.

search. think. do. post.

Hahhaaha that was me!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

brushed aluminum would look much better that painted IMO

Etienne