Thread: i just gained like 80 hp today.....

i just gained like 80 hp today.....

by doing a freakin spark plug and wire change.....it was like my car was running on 3 cylinders.....i also gapped it a .035 instead of .032......i went with bosch replacement cause i couldn't wait for the magnecors....the bosch came with the coil ends also.....and i got the bosch copper supers.....recommended for anybody that hasn't done in a while....i thought my wire harness was bad but upon inspection it looks like it was replaced not that long ago...

makes me want an ignition system now....lol

OG Moderator
    great job...

fresh spark plugs should make a lot diferent especially if your old spark plugs are worn out..

But what do you mean by the sparkplug comes with the coil end..???

As I understand it the coil-end is needed to distribute the electricity to the plug (sort of splitter) since the I-6 engine only has 3 coil for all 6 cylinder (unlike BMW I-6 individual coil for each cylinder bank)..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

You get three wires and three "coil ends" which is not the proper terminology but I'll leave that alone. Bigger gaps work great but put more stress on the wires and coils. Upgrade your coils and go even bigger. My Magnecors only took 5 days.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

"coil ends" usually is reffered by MB techs to the 3 coil ends on our cars (they look like squarish boxes with 2 female ends)... where spark plug wires plug into (from spark plug to coil ends, wires connect it) errr i need more coffee
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

i am just curious did you gain 80hp extra or restore 80 lost hp

Originally posted by Andrew C280
    i am just curious did you gain 80hp extra or restore 80 lost hp

Restore
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i am as well looking in doing replacment of my spark plugs and spark plug wires

is it worth the extra money for the magnecor wires? where is the good place to get them?

which spark plugs u recommend for C36 model?

anything else needed apart from those things?
    i see people mentioning coil ends? is it like a set u buy for our cars.

so as a summary i would need magnencor wires + mb coil ends + spark plugs?

thanks

CKlasse
    Go for the Magnacor 85mm! HUGE DIFFERENT. Wholesale price is around $60-80 - retail is about twice as much.

And no, you dont need MB coil ends anymore.

Hey CKlasse --

Where can I buy these Magnacore 85mm for my C43? I belive it is time.

Thanks,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

CKlasse
    Tump43,

I can prolly get some more from my supplier. Give me a buzz at 303 629 0935.

Ken