Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kleemann SC for the C43

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

On topic:
    I'm not sure many drivers would prefer the CLK430 on the track vs the C43 due to the performance (drivetrain and suspension) differences.

Also, forced induction eliminates most of the difference between the AMG 4.3 and the standard 4.3 - a supercharger negates intake and cam differences (so says Kleeman, Renntech, others). However, the AMG setup should be more durable for a supercharger setup due to the internals having been strengthened already...

By the way, the C43 does feel very comparable to a mid-90s or 80s 911 IMO (having driven 911s). The straight-line acceleration numbers even bear this out if you check...
    all sold

Off-topic:
    Originally posted by C280Sportster
    The heavy AMG Monoblock kill some of the C43s quickness...if you lose the monoblocks (55+ pounds, ouch,) you might be able to drop 20 pounds a wheel... that's close to 80 pounds of (un-sprung, I believe) weight.
    55+ pounds seems a little excessive for 17" wheels- that's heavier than most 20" truck wheels! I was under the impression th weight was in the mid to high 20s per wheel.

This is just a minor point, but I don't want owners freaking out about their wheel weight too much- but I do agree lighter wheels will definitely help!
    all sold

OG Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

Originally posted by supersparker
    Dude, what is with all of the suspicion, etc........I've owned over 20 cars......it’s not hard ..it just takes a little cash and creative financing........your paranoia is getting very tired......please don’t contribute to this thread if you don’t have anything positive to say.
    Off Topic:
    Then maybe you should consider behaving *nicely* in this forum. You come to this forum as a newbie and start posting in classifieds without reading the rules. You are pissed and start talking thrash to me even tough I have the data from mbusa. what's up with that?

I don't need no pics of your cars. I don't care about what car you own in the past. But thrash talking is not welcomed and please follow the rules. Rules is here for you to follow. If you don't like it, then go to other forums. Nobody force you to stay.

On the topic:
    Many people may not realize this, but increasing 27 hp from a regular 4.3L is achiveable fairly easy. Not to add that Mercedes never push their engine to the limit.
    Will I call that an AMG from Affalterbach? NO!

So I drove my friend's CLK430 and CLK55. I also drove many C43 in the past. Many of my friends aggree with me that C43 is not that fast. from my butt dyno, given the exact same condition, in the 1/4 mile, CLK430 will keep up with C43 pretty nicely. The CLK is ligther than C43, but C43 has 27 more hp.

hp/weight ratio:
    C43 -> 0.087587006960556844547563805104408
    CLK430 -> 0.082756545290400240746313572073428

As you can see, the number is very similar.

If you think MBUSA figure is *conservative*, then they are not in the business today to sell cars. People will look at other cars easily and decide that M3 is a better car than AMG C class. Number is for comparison. That is why they are there so people could compare how many hp does AMG has over the ///M.
    Not to mention, we are comparing the same brand. Both CLK and C43 are from mercedes and both numbers are from the same website. If the number for C43 is conservative, then the number for CLK is conservative too.

OG Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

Either I will do mad mods on the C43, or hold out for a year or two ( I've got 3 yrs MB starmark wty on the c43) and snag an '03 E55 when they drop down a bit..Drive my '93 RS on weekends only
    So in here you said 3 yrs starmark warranty

on the other thread:
    With that said, I have purchased a MINT CONDITION (this car really looks BRAND NEW) black / black 2000 c43 with 1 year starmark warranty for $28,000. I will be installing the KLEEMANN SC in about 1 year. and then possibly a low miles engine out of an E55. The supercharger on the C43 engine is the same as used on the 5.5 litre. This setup has dyno'd at over 560 HP and does MID 11's in the 1/4 mile all day ON STREET TIRES . There is a shop in ATLANTA which can do the conversion; (5.5 litre and keemann SC) for about $25 - 30K.THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY ON A CAR THAT WAS NOT IN TRULY MINT CONDITION. Yes.....I could buy a VIPER or Porsche 996 Turbo...
    but there is nothing SWEETER than smoking someone in a 4 door MB sedan.
    In here you said 1 year starmark????

Please post correctly. Thanks.

supersparker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

Originally posted by pnsji
    So in here you said 3 yrs starmark warranty

on the other thread:

In here you said 1 year starmark????

Please post correctly. Thanks.
    Bought car with 1 year starmark......Bought an additional 2 yrs MB extended wty for $1,950...Thats 3 years

supersparker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

Originally posted by pnsji
    Off Topic:
    Then maybe you should consider behaving *nicely* in this forum. You come to this forum as a newbie and start posting in classifieds without reading the rules. You are pissed and start talking thrash to me even tough I have the data from mbusa. what's up with that?

I don't need no pics of your cars. I don't care about what car you own in the past. But thrash talking is not welcomed and please follow the rules. Rules is here for you to follow. If you don't like it, then go to other forums. Nobody force you to stay.

On the topic:
    Many people may not realize this, but increasing 27 hp from a regular 4.3L is achiveable fairly easy. Not to add that Mercedes never push their engine to the limit.
    Will I call that an AMG from Affalterbach? NO!

So I drove my friend's CLK430 and CLK55. I also drove many C43 in the past. Many of my friends aggree with me that C43 is not that fast. from my butt dyno, given the exact same condition, in the 1/4 mile, CLK430 will keep up with C43 pretty nicely. The CLK is ligther than C43, but C43 has 27 more hp.

hp/weight ratio:
    C43 -> 0.087587006960556844547563805104408
    CLK430 -> 0.082756545290400240746313572073428

As you can see, the number is very similar.

If you think MBUSA figure is *conservative*, then they are not in the business today to sell cars. People will look at other cars easily and decide that M3 is a better car than AMG C class. Number is for comparison. That is why they are there so people could compare how many hp does AMG has over the ///M.
    Not to mention, we are comparing the same brand. Both CLK and C43 are from mercedes and both numbers are from the same website. If the number for C43 is conservative, then the number for CLK is conservative too.
    I'm not taking sides...but we have had this discussion before (benzsport maybe). The MBUSA listed 5.9sec 0-60 time for the C43 is wrong (insurance reasons maybe?). You never know with Mercedes, they lied about the new E55 hp, for whatever reasons insurance, marketing (maybe it will hurt S55 sales, etc), who knows...

supersparker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

I'm not taking sides...but we have had this discussion before (benzsport maybe). The MBUSA listed 5.9sec 0-60 time for the C43 is wrong (insurance reasons maybe?). You never know with Mercedes, they lied about the new E55 hp, for whatever reasons insurance, marketing (maybe it will hurt S55 sales, etc), who knows...
    We could go on and on about this.......so I'll just let you go on and on about it.......You sound very inexperienced with cars, Real cars, not some internet dream car.........

This thread needs to be closed...
    all sold

CKlasse

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

We could go on and on about this.......so I'll just let you go on and on about it.......You sound very inexperienced with cars, Real cars, not some internet dream car.........
    I hate to pass on any judgements; nevertheless, you sound way too smart for someone who has owned 20 cars in his life.

Ok, mods.. close this thread please

supersparker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleemann SC for C43

Originally posted by CKlasse
    I hate to pass on any judgements; nevertheless, you sound way too smart for someone who has owned 20 cars in his life.

Ok, mods.. close this thread please
    Yes mods, please close this thread…As it looks like someone has an agenda.

Let's throw some more controversy into the mix...

How about HPS vs. Kleemann? hahah

OG Moderator
    supersparker...

not to take any side..

but as newbie you better behave yourself...

you could claim your C43 is noticebly faster than CLK430 all you want... (although this discussion has been beaten to death and the result as Denlasoul mentioned. CLK430 and C43 performance is similar. You could say all you want about your brother drove a borrowed car form the dealer, but having to actually own a CLK430 and race another C43 is different as one would try to do his best driving his own CLK430 to beat C43 and vice versa)

Also what you say is your opinion vs the fact that some other has performed..

I am closing this thread... as this has no benefit to others..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.