Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Strobes?

Got Strobes?

Anyone have strobes in here?

I had them from my previous car and put them in my 202er. Whelen 90 watt 6-port Police strobes(only running 4 bulbs in each corner). front and rear seperate switching and 10 patterns.

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/strobes.mpg (1.96mb)
    "Right Click - save target as" please.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

What do you need them for?

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

i think they are G. Some of my buddies have them and pull people over...
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

that must be good when there is someone too slow in your lane at night

they think it's a police and then move out of the way

Etienne

SIK! whered you get em? how much? and howd you intall/wire em? any pics of the install? thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

In Charge
    :dispoint: That's not cool. If anyone tried that crap on me and I realized it wasnt a real cop, I'd probably run them into a wall.

Be careful with that stuff, could get you in trouble.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I would like to retract my previous statement, I though about it for a while and realized it would be pretty cool to have, getting people out of you way on the highway, never have to wait for a red light. Pulling over you friends

It's not for pulling people over. I'm not interested in getting any felonies.

I was working to make my previous car a show car, so I got strobes, but I started having drivability problems with it, so I sold it and took the strobes out. Eventually I'll start showing this car once I get some more mods, so I put the strobes in just for shits.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Originally posted by Andrew C280
    Yah if anyone tried that with me I would pull over and get my desert eagle from the trunk and serriously mess there car up,
    Plus I dont pull over for anythings thats not a caprice or crown victoria Suv truck anyways.

Talk about serious waste of money

Sorry to bash your car so much i guess it might be cool ?
    thats the dumbest thing i have heard in a while. Ur gunna shoot up someones car with a D eagle? Ur retarted lol
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

1SICKBNZ: I got them from http://www.strobesnmore.com They are Whelen CSP690
    I bought them over a year ago and they were $200 for my setup.

Installation involves mounting the strobe controller (which as you can see from the pictures, it is mounted in the trunk on the left side where the Bose amp is normally mounted. I then had to run 4 wire sets two each of the farthest corners of the car. I pulled up the door sills and ran them through a hole in the firewall. They wires came out by the fuse box under the hood. They were then run to each corner pod. The rear ones just went behind some of the trunk carpeting to the rear corners. To mount the bulb, I had to drill 1 inch holes in the corner pods and the tail light. The rears were very difficult because the hole had to be perfect, otherwise the backup light bulbs would not work. The wires were then connected.

The controls are mounted near the E-brake release handle. There are two black switches and one pushbutton. The switches independently turn on the front or the rear, and the button cycles through the patterns.

Here are the installation pictures I took:

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/strobes

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

i think its hot in my opinion... i have strobes that are mounted on my visors. havent used them yet though
    Black 1995 C280
    Silver 2001 CLK55 AMG
    Silver 1999 ML320
    Champagne 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser

Guys..Strobes are for show only, unless u are in lawenforcement..
    Using strobe to perten as a officer is sierious offence in many state jail time can go from 1-8 years...Plus wtf you wanna en danger other people's life on the freeway?!
    Saving yourself that 2-3 sec isn't helping you to get on with ur life any faster...think for others when you do something like this...

If you only use for show...why the hell not?
    use it on the street just for fun?...well, you happen to do so on me, i will make sure your butt ended up in the jail cell.

shut up...gessshhh
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

In Charge
    Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    shut up...gessshhh
    Thats not cool. You shouldnt disrespect another member like that. As you are entitled to your opinion, MBATF is entitled to his.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Ok, thats just my opinion of his opinion.... and since im entitled to it then why are you questioning it..... I just cant stand when people are such "activists".... O no strobes, if your that much of an idiot that your gunna pull over for some random car with white flashing lights then maybe you shouldnt be driving.... i think its a great mod..... yeah i wouldnt roll around running them all over the place but gessshhh if someone did roll up/by me and had them id be more like wow thats awesome whered you get em, and not, o you a**hole im calling the cops on you.... take a chill pill....
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by MBATF
    Guys..Strobes are for show only, unless u are in lawenforcement..
    Using strobe to perten as a officer is sierious offence in many state jail time can go from 1-8 years...Plus wtf you wanna en danger other people's life on the freeway?!
    Saving yourself that 2-3 sec isn't helping you to get on with ur life any faster...think for others when you do something like this...

If you only use for show...why the hell not?
    use it on the street just for fun?...well, you happen to do so on me, i will make sure your butt ended up in the jail cell.
    who ever said we use them for saving time? My freinds have them and they pull each other over just messing around, not strangers. Its kinda a joke and fun.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

In Charge
    Ok, thats just my opinion of his opinion.... and since im entitled to it then why are you questioning it.....
    First off, I'm not questioning anything. My post was to point out your disrespectful remarks to a fellow member.

Secondly, if you do disagree...then post why you feel the way you do. Typically, when one states a positon, a reason why helps. For instance, if you said "I like strobes because ....." then fill in your reasons why. My PROBLEM with your post is that you attack another member without any reason, explanation, form of argument, etc. etc.

To sum it all up, fine if you like strobes. Others do not an have posted their reason why. MBATF is involved with police enforcement, and that's why he feels so strongly about his position. Using it for some sort of advantage is downright stupid in my opinion. If you are using them for shows, than thats cool. Strobes are just not appropriate outside the show venue.

I just do not think it's cool for you to disrepect another member.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    First off, I'm not questioning anything. My post was to point out your disrespectful remarks to a fellow member.

Secondly, if you do disagree...then post why you feel the way you do. Typically, when one states a positon, a reason why helps. For instance, if you said "I like strobes because ....." then fill in your reasons why. My PROBLEM with your post is that you attack another member without any reason, explanation, form of argument, etc. etc.

To sum it all up, fine if you like strobes. Others do not an have posted their reason why. MBATF is involved with police enforcement, and that's why he feels so strongly about his position. Using it for some sort of advantage is downright stupid in my opinion. If you are using them for shows, than thats cool. Strobes are just not appropriate outside the show venue.

I just do not think it's cool for you to disrepect another member.
    okay MR. I run people off the road. LMAO

but tru, everybody is intitled to there own opionion. lets not make such a big deal out of this, i dont think anybody is really getting that offended over some disagrements. lets just drop it and learn from it, or something like that
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

1sik, behave.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

shut up...gessshhh
    Hey man, I have nothing against you or any members on board as long as I have been ith bnzsport.com till now, its almost 4 year i think. And I just expressed my thoughts to teh public thats all.

As i said, Strobe for show "YES" Strobe for just have fun on the street "NO"

But just to let most people know, even using the light for fun on the road with friends. It still can be dangerous to teh pulice since People always knwo that when tehy see Strobe, then it means caution, or 911 so 50% of the time they panic and ended up doing something stupid, and plus tehy wouldn't know if you are just playing with your friends. I have seen my friend used teh stupid strobe on freeway before and ended up caused an 4 car crash. And one of the lady involved in teh crash lost a her 5 monthes old un-born twins becuz of it.

1sickbnz: just let you know that i still like you no matter what they say about you. and man when i go to WC someday i will give you a holla.

Denlasoul: Thank you for helping me to better explaination , but really I don't want to make evryone turn ugly faces becuz of my post.

Renn 208: You never calle dme as you said you will...I felt used...

Shoot, I want to get a strobe setup for my car... Dang, that's cool! Need that action for shows

Shoot Boomin, now I'm really pissed for not meeting up with you guys that night since it would have been awesome to check out your setup!

So what's the difference between the 60 and 90 watt setups?

Originally posted by Brabus
    Shoot, I want to get a strobe setup for my car... Dang, that's cool! Need that action for shows

Shoot Boomin, now I'm really pissed for not meeting up with you guys that night since it would have been awesome to check out your setup!

So what's the difference between the 60 and 90 watt setups?
    90 watt are quite a bit brighter than the 60 watt ones. The nice thign about the 90 watt model is that there is a "low" level mode in case you don't want them at full brightness, in a show for example. 90 watt are very bright!

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Originally posted by BoominBenz
    90 watt are quite a bit brighter than the 60 watt ones. The nice thign about the 90 watt model is that there is a "low" level mode in case you don't want them at full brightness, in a show for example. 90 watt are very bright!
    Dang, I think Imma hook up a 90 wt kit

that shit is HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work that is fucking hot