Thread: My C220 topspeed is only 210km/h. how do i get it more?

Unhappy My C220 topspeed is only 210km/h. how do i get it more?

i am from mercedes user in thailand. Sorry I am not good in english. My car c220 topspeed is only 210km/h but about 5 month ago before my car had accident it can speed to 220km/h easily and if i turn off the aircondition it can more speed over 220 to 233km/h but now i try to drive in 220km/h it cannot. And the speed from 180-210km/h very slow. It not like before accident. oh sorry i forgot told you mycar is accident by hit the tree at the right side it very high accident. So the garage fix it by find the old secondhand half back C220 and cut my car into 2 side it is Half front and half back and bring my frond mix with the another one is rear now my car is done. it use ime to fix about 6 month. everything is good except the engine it can't do topspeed at 220km/h but it only 205-210km/h how can i do to get more power like before. we don't talk about turbo system because i want only the standard car. i want to ask how do i get the power like before? And can you see where is the problem now? Or pls tell me the way to get more power by not use turbo? pls told me i'm very worrie now. Thank you for you all answer this topic.

Not sure if you tried some maintence first, like plugs, oil, filter etc... that may solve it for you. As your accident didnt seem like it envolved changing out any powertrain parts.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

In Charge
    Is it possible a speed governor is inhibiting your speed/power?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

if I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like your car had heavy structural damage and the damaged part of the chassis was cut and parts from another were welded in.... drivability issues are inevitable as when the chassis get's bend the balance of the car is also affected... 210 km/h is about 130mph, which is almost the top possible acceleration of the 4cyl car.... so the car is not underperforming that much... is the engine not pulling beyond that, or is the car not handling well enough to go faster?.... first check spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, ignition wires etc and replace as needed...
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)