Thread: Removing all grey stripe

Removing all grey stripe

Dunno if it belongs her eor body

A thread says how to remove the strip in the doors, but Can I remove the ones in the bumper as well?

I want to get them painted.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

bump..

im trying to get the grey strip on the front and rear bumpers off... yes, i did the search and all i come up with is how to remove the side panels, well i have already painted the side panels and the bumpers are next, but i cant manage to get the grey strip off. do you have to remove the whole bumper or can you just yank the peice off? of if someone wants to trade a c43 front rear bumper in 040 for my c230k bumper that would be fine too!

Alex
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

s

Mercedes-Benz w202 | Avantgarde grille | \'02 w210 mirrors | 17\" mono II | H&R/Bilstein suspension | HKS intake | ebay exhaust | = all show no go

www.zalproductions.com

OG Moderator
    the whole front and rear bumpers will need to be removed in order to take off the grey bumper panels.
    once the bumpers are off.. you will see a whole bunch of plastic 10mm nuts on the underside of where the grey pieces are.
    remove the nuts ant the piece can be removed.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I was just looking through this thread and I saw J__'s car and it's got to be one of the tightest 202's I've seen, check out the website. Can't wait to see you in the member's gallery, sorry about jacking the thread, just wanted to give J__ mad props for his ride. I would post up pics of the car, but I'll let him do that.

Originally posted by loudandheard
    I was just looking through this thread and I saw J__'s car and it's got to be one of the tightest 202's I've seen, check out the website. Can't wait to see you in the member's gallery, sorry about jacking the thread, just wanted to give J__ mad props for his ride. I would post up pics of the car, but I'll let him do that.
    I believe its 190e nice though

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    the whole front and rear bumpers will need to be removed in order to take off the grey bumper panels.
    once the bumpers are off.. you will see a whole bunch of plastic 10mm nuts on the underside of where the grey pieces are.
    remove the nuts ant the piece can be removed.
    thanks man, damn you...giving me weekend projects...
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

The Modfather
    Thats a huge job, expect it to take at least a full day.

TBH, you would be better getting the whole bumper resprayed

i am getting my silver parts sprayed over the weekend i hope, however im worried that my car will be way to dark, so should i go with it or no ?