Thread: supercharger or turbo

supercharger or turbo

i need someones opinon

whats better to get for my 95 c220

a turbo or a supercharger and is it worth putting on the c220 or i have to get like a c36 engine or something then stick a turbo or super charger?

and price please

one of the members used to have a turbo c220, and i think his turbo kit is still for sale.....mite wanna check the old classifieds

turbo and supercharger kits are so expencive you might want to pickup a used Mercedes V8 of ebay or something much cheaper than a muscelman turbo kit or something of that nature, depending on what you want to do with your car you might want to check out Ebay.com or Ebay.de for turbos and superchargers i have seen a few for good prices

is any company make a supercharge for w202 1994-1997 (non V-engine)

In Charge
    Depends on how you want the power.

If you get the s/c, the power is immediately felt when you step on the accelerator. For a turbo, certain amount of exhaust needs to build before the turbo kicks in.

Do you want fast off the line or from a run of say, 60mph?

Basically, get a s/c for off the line and a turbo if you want the power from a roll.

In your case, you can get a turbo and run 14's with you C220. I dont know your background on turbos and such, but I would think that tuning and preparing the turbo for such a car is hard to do. Especially if you dont know what you are doing.

The easy way would be to get a larger displacemnt car and go from there. I dont know your financial situation, so that may be difficult.

You might want to chack out this site: Click me
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

with that link u showed me do u guys know how much boost he runs and for how long.

and why does it say

In addition, you will need to replace the additional oil and water lines, other than the oil-return line (pictured) as I feel that they were compromised in the fire.

i dont want my car to explode

In Charge
    I'm not too sure on specifics, but email the guy and he can asnwer your questions.

Good luck
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

JasonH his nickname on the forum, better email him because he has a Evolution 8 so doesn't come here often now.

The out of the box Tubro solution is mosselman turbos

http://www.mosselmanturbo.com/

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

after you get a turbo or supercharger for your car it makes the car (c220) 205 hp. what else could you do too get more horse!!??? and how much money? thanks

its not worth the cost to get 205 hp thats what my car has and its not very fast at all, even throwing a turbo charger on my car will yeild 285hp its not worth it either

Step 1) Sell C220
    Step 2) buy C43

Now you have a V8 with 302 HP and a better suspension and brakes.

you know what, if you going to get a fast car the C43 still might not be for you, i know its not for me i am looking to get a 500Hp engine in my car.

the other thing is that a C43 costs way more in insurance than a 300hp C220

Etienne

thats interesting, I am shure thats an old myth, i am 18 it dosent matter if i drive a ford focus, or mercedes most cars with in reason are the exact same ammount for insurance. And all my friends can't belive that I pay the same ammount or less for my mercedes when there driving fireflys and such, perfect driving record.

im 17 insurance is a beeyatch in toronto one of the highest insurance rates. also im not made out of money lol. i dont think im going to touch the benz engine maybe a turbo and just pimp the car . i dont want a 1000 hp car i just want something to keep up to play around with nothing thats crazy. and i also have a perfect driving record . one ticket and ur insurance goes rocket high

Just curious what your paying I am paying $249 a month for a 1997 C280 Sport

In Charge
    I pay $110/mo. for my C43.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

I pay 1180$CAD per year for a 2000 C230k and I'm 23 yo
    That'S around 70$ US per month

Etienne

who is your insurance company that you can pay 98 dollars a month ? i would like to get a quote.

I pay 210 a month with my C43.

that is with 1 speeding ticket

and a totaled C36

and im considered high risk cuz im young and a male

yuck

but i got the good grades discount...
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i pay 4 hundred and something a month. im telling u its expensive as crap!!!