Thread: MAS error

MAS error

My father ruined the MAS in the car and it needs to be replaced. After searching around, I found a good price at 260 from ebay and 300 from a website, both with free shipping. I went to a repair shop and they said for 400 they can replace it. Am I able to replace it myself, dont I disconnect it and thats it, connect it and its done? My father thinks that the computer needs to be reseted. BTW, the problem we are having is the engine is revving at 5500rpm after starting the car, in park. This happened after my father took the mas out and cleaned it with windex? Herre a good thread.
    http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=6&hl=mas

Yes! that's it and if the check engine light stays on, then
    disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
    Then wait for a minute and connect the cable again.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

it should take you 3 mins tops to replace it. wait actually i take that back you have to first take off the top of the air box first , then it should be a piece of cake

We turned the car on this mornind and everthing works fine, which is very odd. There is no high idea rpms, and the check light is off. Also, we took the car today, and it passed smog for its inspection, very odd. Dident expect it to work suddendly.