Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My newly-installed illuminated door sills

OG Moderator

My newly-installed illuminated door sills

Seen a good number of 210s and 208s with them, so it was time to spring for them and rock it on my 202.

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDdAnwV1wZ3XeTFTarCx7U68Me0Sas97vbAGgEb7GKHAPKz6 tb35iBORVZRq71O1c99YOhy74V9DyBLo7KPcwgjl*XkbX9MtJN RDiHSJMA/DoorSillSmall.jpg?dc=4675423740298571021[/IMG]

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAXA64VbBd3XeTFTarCx0L!NUieEY7KqQvgGBOheD4EV8ceN !65JkUdOxFl15A9zuuuwHfSAKPxHPMiil5H!fcpknWfpYuRgT* lRzI40KI/DoorSillSmall2.jpg?dc=4675423740301354796[/IMG]

Nice!! You pimpin man!!

day shot please
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    day shot please
    Coming soon -

I didn't think it was necessary since the whole point of these is to have them light up at night. But I'll get the day shots just for you.

In the meantime, try to imagine the polished sills on the C-coupe or the 203's?

Originally posted by Luwin1026
    Coming soon -

I didn't think it was necessary since the whole point of these is to have them light up at night. But I'll get the day shots just for you.

In the meantime, try to imagine the polished sills on the C-coupe or the 203's?
    The thing for me holding off on these is the ones ive seen on sites like ebay are stick ons. I want to see how it actually looks in the day time. Is it a whole replacement or does it stick on to the stock plastic one.

So get back out there and take the pics!

The thing for me holding off on these is the ones ive seen on sites like ebay are stick ons. I want to see how it actually looks in the day time. Is it a whole replacement or does it stick on to the stock plastic one.

So get back out there and take the pics!
    Both the aftermarket, and OEM EL sills are stick ons...ghetto huh?

Although the G-class EL sills are built in...

So do ya wanna pay $500+ or $200?

Main diff, being that the aftermarket ones are a little too bright, and bleed through the opaque portion much more than the OEM sills (as seen from lu's pic). Also, the "Mercedes Benz" lettering is not as sharp (rough vinyl cutter).
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

renn:

on your 208 does the V8 light up? (and you know what im talking about so dont be saying the rear tyres )

But yeah i want a 1 piece look if i were to do this. Or at least a stick on that doesnt flare at the end.

So lu hurry with them pics!!

In Charge
    Niiiice. I really like those, but the blue doesn't go well with anything in my car. Is there a way to change the color illumination?

I went with these instead:

1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Is there a way to change the color illumination?
    just change the el strips to the colour of your choice

They sell it in a couple of colors I think... I've seen green before

renn:

on your 208 does the V8 light up? (and you know what im talking about so dont be saying the rear tyres )

But yeah i want a 1 piece look if i were to do this. Or at least a stick on that doesnt flare at the end.

So lu hurry with them pics!!
    the ones i have are aftermarket..so no Mercedes Benz V8 in EL
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

It look's nicer and brighter than the one I got. Like Joey said
    he don't like the one that flares up at the edge.
    Where do you get the EL strip color replacement? Coz I want something like Luwin's much brighter.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

One site that sells the sheet

click here

koolvin knows of other shops as this is the stuff they use to light up pc cases.

How about Fry's electronics?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

looks so nice Lu!

I have also contemplated on getting these, but i wanted the illuminated ///AMG sills for a 202. i believe Junaidi has em.

J- any idea where to get another set of illuminated AMGs?

btw- instead of stacking them, couldn't you remove the oem sills and just slap the aluminum sills right on your door sill?

Originally posted by kameraguy

btw- instead of stacking them, couldn't you remove the oem sills and just slap the aluminum sills right on your door sill?
    they won't fit properly as they need the base sill to provide the rubber seal at the edges.

Now if someone could fab a "replacement" sill..whoa nelly

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208

Now if someone could fab a "replacement" sill..whoa nelly
    whos to say i havent been working on that

when i first received shipment of some euro goodies from our buddy across the way i asked him for a bunch of discarded 202 sills. He sent them. Then vin gave me the link to El strips. The problem i have been having is actually cutting out the letters!!!

I cant shove it in my vinyl cutter. But yes I want to make it were it is one peice.

I put the project on backburner along with making chris' projection HID for almost 6 months now. Being it summer with longer days I might just pull these out of the wood works and get started up again.

And of course when i figure it out i will post instructions to make your own :bunny:

OG Moderator
    looking nice Luwin.

whos to say i havent been working on that

when i first received shipment of some euro goodies from our buddy across the way i asked him for a bunch of discarded 202 sills. He sent them. Then vin gave me the link to El strips. The problem i have been having is actually cutting out the letters!!!

I cant shove it in my vinyl cutter. But yes I want to make it were it is one peice.

I put the project on backburner along with making chris' projection HID for almost 6 months now. Being it summer with longer days I might just pull these out of the wood works and get started up again.

And of course when i figure it out i will post instructions to make your own :bunny:
    Wonderbar! BTW, I saw that the site you linked to had the "large EL strips" in raw form. I know that there's a couple sites out there that makes the EL Strips in the perfect size already(the same shit that comes with the Aftermarket strips), so that should save time.

As for the letters, how about doing a vinyl sticker to go on the back of a polycarbonate window? (that's what I'm doing...)

search. think. do. post.

renn post or email me the link to the el strips

OG Moderator
    day shot please

Sorry for the long delay - but here you go -

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDjAj8T9HUnALb6ZfHZ6zhpSFQKzD19K*9xMJnLJitF!FI8O fAc!f4lqOOo8Lcm7kFIB5fHK3qECuiG82hxBqoXbjcMP!5jPRt zxD5KpYE/Image010.jpg?dc=4675426355752963420[/IMG]

How in the hell you got your seal to light up so bright during the day? :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Please, have you maintained the two rear door sills as stock (plastic and not illuminated)?

hi

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 1998K
    Please, have you maintained the two rear door sills as stock (plastic and not illuminated)?

hi

Rears have the aluminum sills now, but non-illuminated. I am hoping to get the rears to light up too - that'll be Stage II.

Hey Lu! Where did you get them from, and how much? You can email that info to me if you wish.. Thanks!
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno