Thread: What do I need with the Kleeman pulley

What do I need with the Kleeman pulley

What is needed with a kleeman pulley?

I mean, do I need new spark plugs, wires, injectors, a chip, run higher octane, something else?

I read somewhere Slammed_C had some fuel problems with his new kleeman pulley, I'd like to know what the others (like slammed_c or luwin) have done to compensate the mroe air into the engine (fuel)

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

I found where I read this.. It was on slammed_c cardomain page.

The next thing will be an Upsolute chip, I have been in contact with them getting info and whatnot.. I need to do one now as I run really rich all the time and get poorer fool economy.. it should be restored to more closer to normal when I get the chip.
    Also read that he got all this:
    I have the Kleemann pulley/boost kit for my benz. its the high end kit. kit comes with a new crank pulley, alternator pulley, poly belt, colder spark plugs, intake pipes to relocate MAS (air flow sensor), and a tonne of small stuff.
    On the kit I plan on getting it seems there are only Crankshaft Ring Pulley, Belt and Alternator Pulley...

According to evosport ( http://www.evosport.com/product/perf...edes.html#w202 ) cars before summer 2000 needs the relocation kit. My car is a MY2000 but made in november 1999... this would mean the kit I was planning to buy isn't the right one:/

Please help me sort it out!

Etienne

From what i understand, Kleemann doesn't make pulley kits for w202... looking at that website, seems like that pulley kit is for the w203...

Paul
    Originally posted by Kswiss
    From what i understand, Kleemann doesn't make pulley kits for w202... looking at that website, seems like that pulley kit is for the w203...
    please correct me if im wrong,but under "boost kit" on the
    kleemann site does it say for 2.0 and 2.3 M111 engine??,
    my engine is a 97' 230K and it has 111 on the block,does this mean the kit is made for my engine??

Originally posted by Paul
    please correct me if im wrong,but under "boost kit" on the
    kleemann site does it say for 2.0 and 2.3 M111 engine??,
    my engine is a 97' 230K and it has 111 on the block,does this mean the kit is made for my engine??
    No it's only for 2.3L supercharged engines (1999 and 2000)

Etienne

Originally posted by Kswiss
    They do cause a few members have them. It's prolly not on the site cause it's discontinued? Might wanna call them up and ask.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

yeah, i meant they didn't make them anymore....blah

I fyou have a mid 2000 W202 ther eis a set for sale by rubensans on bnzsport.

I was about to buy it but since mine is a MY2000 built in 1999 it wasn't the good kit for my car (I need the big one with MAS relocation, etc)

Etienne

Paul
    Originally posted by MrSpace
    No it's only for 2.3L supercharged engines (1999 and 2000)

Etienne
    dam,so what is the difference in engine for 99-00 model??
    got mine dyno'd the other day at 175hp at wheels no mods
    so the engine is similer output.
    the engine bay looks much the same.

175 at the wheels???? The 1999 and 2000 are kompressor, so supercharged and yield 190hp at the crank. The 1997-1998 is the same engine but no supercharger and are really less powerful.

Etienne

I just saw you'Re in new zealand.

Then maybe the kompressor was made starting earlier there.

You can then put a pulley, but not the one rubensans is selling, you also need the MAS relocation, according to kleemann.

Etienne

Paul
    175 at the wheels???? The 1999 and 2000 are kompressor, so supercharged and yield 190hp at the crank. The 1997-1998 is the same engine but no supercharger and are really less powerful.

Etienne
    my car is an original 97 C230 kompressor it had one owner in
    singapore who bought it new it is also manual and came
    with white gauges and black and tan leather,according to benz
    it is a very rare model for this spec.I also no of another 97 C230K manual but it didnt have leather or sports kit.
    the supercharger currently runs 5psi,and was dyno'd accurately
    at 175hp at the wheels,with no mods what so ever.

Paul
    i think they were sold earlier here,also i just realized our pump
    fuel is 98 octane so there is you power difference

I read somewhere Slammed_C had some fuel problems with his new kleeman pulley, I'd like to know what the others (like slammed_c or luwin) have done to compensate the mroe air into the engine (fuel)
    I think that because they were one of the first people that bought Kleemann kit. There for, NO fuel pressure regulator is included. I also have the fuel problem when i installed Kleemann pulley kit. I then retuned the kit with fuel pressure regulator and the fuel problem was solved. The kit lose about 6-8 rwhp but the air fuel ratio were at a much safer level compared to Kleemann kit without fuel pressure regulator, air fuel ratio were at 15.1:1 !!! Kleemann later included the fuel pressure regulator in their pulley kit based on my tuning at Evosport. But Kleemann later decided to discontinue selling the kit because, ASP kit retail at haft the price of kleemann kit.

I fyou have a mid 2000 W202 ther eis a set for sale by rubensans on bnzsport.

I was about to buy it but since mine is a MY2000 built in 1999 it wasn't the good kit for my car (I need the big one with MAS relocation, etc)

Etienne
    If ruben is selling his ring pulley it is for the '02 M111 C Coupe. I am pretty sure that doesn't work with ANY W202.

If ruben is selling his ring pulley it is for the '02 M111 C Coupe. I am pretty sure that doesn't work with ANY W202.
    If it wasn't for the "safe mode limp" home feature in Mercedes ECU, the 02' M111 C "pulley ring" will destroy any W202 engine if you install it. Due to over boost. Engine will knock like there's a piece of metal inside the engine.

that's right, you know first hand...

Ruben's pulley is for the '02 Sport Coupe. So W202ers be careful.