Thread: what spring pads to go with

what spring pads to go with

Gentlemen,

Am ready to purchase lowering springs for my c280 sport(H&R's).
    A drop of 1.4 frnt and 1.3 rear. My question is, if I go with spring pad #1 will these lower the car even more from the suggested drop H& R has calculated? Will I get the 1.4/1.3 frt/rear drop if I just change the springs and not the spring pads?

any input would will be greatly appreciated
    thanks

yes changing the pads will lower the car even more
    depending on what options your car has etc, that's what #pads you have there stock, do a search there's a thread about the exact measurements of different number pads
    each car is different but
    what i suggest you do is lower the car change springs/shocks, then see how it looks feels, if it still needs adjustment just lower the pads where needed for great stance and great look and of course better performance
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by Eurosport
    yes changing the pads will lower the car even more
    depending on what options your car has etc, that's what #pads you have there stock, do a search there's a thread about the exact measurements of different number pads
    each car is different but
    what i suggest you do is lower the car change springs/shocks, then see how it looks feels, if it still needs adjustment just lower the pads where needed for great stance and great look and of course better performance

Thanks Eurosport, by chance would you or anyone know of the link to show exactly what pads a 99 c280 sport uses.

thanks

I have a 99 280 sport and stock pads are #4 up front and #1 in the rear.

Originally posted by kendreze
    I have a 99 280 sport and stock pads are #4 up front and #1 in the rear.
    Hmmm interesting. thanks kendreze

just get #1 pads all around...its not that much of a drop, i have half cut coil fornt and back with #1 pads all around and i stilll dont rub even with 4 people in the car

Elvir
    Baaa

springs no pads

Originally posted by C280 JR
    just get #1 pads all around...its not that much of a drop, i have half cut coil fornt and back with #1 pads all around and i stilll dont rub even with 4 people in the car

Elvir

thanks c280...... have a "kinda" stupid question? if i re install the pads that came with the car from the factory and only install lowering springs will i get the H&R calculated drop. Or is it a must to change the pads to a lower number to get the car lowered?

In Charge

Re: springs no pads

Originally posted by allirroz
    thanks c280...... have a "kinda" stupid question? if i re install the pads that came with the car from the factory and only install lowering springs will i get the H&R calculated drop. Or is it a must to change the pads to a lower number to get the car lowered?
    yes, regardless of what spring pads you have the calculated drop of H&R springs are the same. for example, if the H&R drop is 1.5 inches it will be a 1.5 inch drop for any spring pad combination. now, if you went from a #5 to a #2, then the difference of the spring pad thickness will be added to the lowering of the H&R. so, if the height difference in the pads is 0.5 inches, then you car's total lowering will be about 2.0 inches.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Re: Re: springs no pads

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    yes, regardless of what spring pads you have the calculated drop of H&R springs are the same. for example, if the H&R drop is 1.5 inches it will be a 1.5 inch drop for any spring pad combination. now, if you went from a #5 to a #2, then the difference of the spring pad thickness will be added to the lowering of the H&R. so, if the height difference in the pads is 0.5 inches, then you car's total lowering will be about 2.0 inches.

Thanks Denlasoul, really appreciate the input.