Thread: W202 C230k dyno?

W202 C230k dyno?

I have yet to see a base dyno for a C230k W202.

I think the only one I found was Jon Pek's car at dynospot, but it wasn't even stock before the pulley so I don't think it's good.

I've seen stock dynos of SLK 230k with same engine and Automatic tranny, but I wonder if the C would be the same.

I'm getting mine dynoed soon, just before putting the pulley on, and I'm wondering what numbers to expect. So far I found out I should be at around 150-155 at the wheels on a regular dyno (drum)

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

Paul
    my manual 97 230K was dyno'd(accurately) at 130kw (175hp)at the rear,98 octane pump fuel,stock choc sunday.

Here is one of the plots from my stock '99 C230K (manual gearbox).

I have had the car on the rollers at two different places. This is the more modest of the two and the dyno is very well respected and known to be acurate.

The runs were done in 3rd gear as the dyno was configured to read peak BHP at about 80mph.

Power at the wheels is what has to be compared.

A transmission loss of 18% is assumed to get from the figure at the wheels to that at the flywheel. 18% is also a very modest figure. If you assume a higher loss, this indicates a higher flywheel BHP.

This plot shows BHP and boost.

BHP against air/fuel (Lammda sensor)

BHP against torque.

Now on the actual graph the curve is meaured in lb, not lb/ft but the torque curve shape is correct.

I have the equation if you want it, but this converts to 207 lb/ft torque.

I did mention I had one other dyno measurement (different rollers), that I thought to be a bit optimistic, but it did measure 130KW (176.8 BHP) at the wheels as per Paul's post above.. Here is the chart for that one. The dyno was not as advanced, hence the simple plot.

I am happy that taking the more modest figure my car has approx 204BHP, compared to the MB quoted 194BHP. It certainly feels very strong to drive.

Kleemann have changed their website now, but interestingly they used to have a graph showing before and after their pulley kit. The before graph showed the 230K as 204BHP to start with.

1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

Paul
    Hey what octane are you guys running over there??,i put 91 in once and almost killed it!!! ,I only run 98.

Originally posted by Paul
    Hey what octane are you guys running over there??,i put 91 in once and almost killed it!!! ,I only run 98.

In the UK, regular unleaded is 95 RON. This is what I use. We have superunleaded in a few varieties which is 97/98RON, but I tried it and it didn't appear to make any difference - I don't think in standard tune the C230K can take advantage of the extra octane.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

Paul
    Originally posted by GrahamC230K
    In the UK, regular unleaded is 95 RON. This is what I use. We have superunleaded in a few varieties which is 97/98RON, but I tried it and it didn't appear to make any difference - I don't think in standard tune the C230K can take advantage of the extra octane.
    you may be right,il do some homework and find out...
    no point in buy'n 98 when i can run 96 for way cheaper!!