Thread: Drag results

Drag results

I should have a video soon

1: RT .580 60ft 2.539 1/8m 10.504 1/4m 16.276 @ 84.289mph
    2: RT .564 60ft 2.659 1/8m 10.822 1/4m 16.699 @ 82.999mph
    3: RT .633 60ft 2.488 1/8m 10.674 1/4m 16.620 @ 83.411mph
    4: RT .212 60ft 2.584 1/8m 10.771 1/4m 16.711 @ 81.978mph

1: no brake start, ESP off
    2: minimal brake start, ESP on (forgot to put it off)
    3: brake start, floored it even if there was huge wheel spin
    4: brake start, released the gaz because of wheel spin and floored it, wheel spin again.

So I think the best was to put ESP off and no brake start, or very minimal rpm with brakes on and not floor it. My next time I'll experiment.

My goal is to get 16 flat with my carlsson wheels and full weight (spare and such). And maybe go down to 15.6-15.7 with original 15" wheels.

There was an E55 there that did run many in the 12 seconds. best was 12.4. He had different wheels in the back for the drag.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

That's pretty good bro!! My C230 non-Kompressor ran a 17.6 at best....LOL!!
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Nice, cant wait to see video. Damn I wish mine was an kompressor..oh well good job.
    RoyalFlush202

Very interesting!!
    On what race track?

What was the temp?

Any engine mods yet?

I think you can do better (15.9-16.1), I would like to see you go for the best time, next time (lose the spare, 1/2 tank of gas, etc). How heavy are those wheels? I've seen a lot of time slips and it seems cars are doing better on their first run, maybe the engine is getting hotter. What octane are you running? Try 93-94, if you can get it.

I'm going out today and buying "water wetter", you should also. Your engine runs even hotter than mine, the water wetter should help keep things cool for later runs.

Switching to 10w-30 oil will help too (speedybenz recommend this).

The kompressor is known to really have about 10 more HP then advertised (was it you that posted the dyno). Weather can affect your engine also, so as the temp drops your car will get faster.

I'm not trying to sit back here and tell you what do to, but I want to see you pull a kick azz time!
    C280Sportster

any one know what the new w203 c55 quareter mile time is? 0-60 also?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

It was cool, almost cold... about 60 degrees.

My engine temp was a big factor also, in the last run, I was a like 105 degrees, when the first run was a 80 degrees. I should'Ve opened my hood when waiting in line (the last runs were like 45 minutes wait)

I was at about 1/4 gaz but full spare and I forgot some stuff in the trunk (kite gear, etc). My wheels are heavy, really heavy I don't think it helps. But I want to run it with normal weight, because on the street, my spare is in.

Next time I'll fill with 94 octane it might help, right now I'm running 91.

Oh and it's bone stock, except an air filter which don'T change anything. I have pulleys sitting in my garage but I'm waiting for a dyno to try them on.

My goal is to be able to hit 16 flat with spare and my carlsson wheels. So just by knowing how to launch it.

There is the video of the first run against an RSX type-S:

http://etienne.pemarcotte.com/W202/MOV00248.MPG
    please save as since it won't be for long on my server (22.4MB)

Etienne

Originally posted by MrSpace
    It was cool, almost cold... about 60 degrees.

My engine temp was a big factor also, in the last run, I was a like 105 degrees, when the first run was a 80 degrees. I should'Ve opened my hood when waiting in line (the last runs were like 45 minutes wait)

I was at about 1/4 gaz but full spare and I forgot some stuff in the trunk (kite gear, etc). My wheels are heavy, really heavy I don't think it helps. But I want to run it with normal weight, because on the street, my spare is in.

Next time I'll fill with 94 octane it might help, right now I'm running 91.

Oh and it's bone stock, except an air filter which don'T change anything. I have pulleys sitting in my garage but I'm waiting for a dyno to try them on.

My goal is to be able to hit 16 flat with spare and my carlsson wheels. So just by knowing how to launch it.

There is the video of the first run against an RSX type-S:

http://etienne.pemarcotte.com/W202/MOV00248.MPG
    please save as since it won't be for long on my server (22.4MB)

Etienne
    I haven't install my UD pulleys yet, but I'm getting ready. I'm ordering a case of water wetter to help keep the engine cool. My stock wheels only weigh 36 pounds, so I can't save weight there. I do have a full spare, I want to replace that with a compact on (save maybe 20 pounds) plus swap out the battery and save about 30 pounds. Once I get everything done I'm going to hit the track also!

How much do your wheels weigh and do you have a full spare?

The C230K engine is an impressive engine, I can't wait till you hook it up and tell us the results.

Since you've watch your engine temp, I would add some Redline Water Wetter, and see how much of a difference it makes. Everyone says it works, so it's not like slick 50 and those things. I've heard the Kompressor motor runs on the hot side also, so it's cheap insurance. About running 93-94 octane, most people would say it doesn't matter with our engines (we are tuned for SAE 91), but I've read that a hot motor will retard the timing to avoid detonation. In my area we don't have a choice it's either 89 or 93.

Very nice video, I'm impressed you and your stock C230k took that Honda to school MB always under rates their cars, where as Jap makers lie about 0-60 times, HP, etc.
    C280Sportster

Originally posted by C280Sportster
    Very nice video, I'm impressed you and your stock C230k took that Honda to school MB always under rates their cars, where as Jap makers lie about 0-60 times, HP, etc.
    impressive. i woulda thought an rsx type s could easily kill a C230K.
    1998 C280 Desert Silver (sister owns this now)
    2005 BMW 325i

He killed me, but not on the start or 60ft.

He made 4 runs and the best one was 15.3xx which is almost one full second quicker. On that video run he made like 15.7 which is .6 faster than me.

The type S can get better times by he had bad tires and had problems not slipping in the first gears. My car is RWD so the start is good.

Etienne

Etienne,

Danm, you rush me to send you the ASP pulley kit but now it just sitting in your garage !!! Nice video. I don't know how much the pulley will help in 1/4, but you will definitely feel the power. Just make sure you allow your engine to cool down first of each run because with pulley kit, the engine produce alot more heat and heat soak will kill engine power BIG time, specially at the track.

Originally posted by MrSpace
    He killed me, but not on the start or 60ft.

He made 4 runs and the best one was 15.3xx which is almost one full second quicker. On that video run he made like 15.7 which is .6 faster than me.

The type S can get better times by he had bad tires and had problems not slipping in the first gears. My car is RWD so the start is good.

Etienne
    Damn, in the video it looked like he past you, but it's hard to see. I guess I was just hoping. I'm sure with a few mods a C230k can get down to 15 in the 1/4 mile.

Edmunds says the RSX does 0-60 in 6.7 and 1/4 mile in 15.2 at 92.7. Not too shabby, I guess.
    C280Sportster

is the link still avaliable ?

I deleted it like one minute ago :S

and I'm on slow speed so sending back 22mb on the server is lloonnggg

Etienne