Thread: '95 headlight removal

'95 headlight removal

i got a 95 c280 and i want to take out the headlights to make some projectors with angel eye, now i got everything taken off around the headlight. but there is a screw lookin thing near the radiator area that appears to go into the headlight assembly. how the hell do i get my headlights out. i read the other post on it but that is for the 96 and newwer i believe it was. thanks in advance
    -20\" IceMetal 888 rims
    -Hid headlights
    -Rockford-Fosgate Power 20001BD amp
    -Monitor molded into center console
    -4 Alpine Type R 12 subs
    -Euro headlights
    -Headrest monitors
    -Remus muffler
    more to list at another time

Since you taken off everything now you need an 8mm socket to take off that screw. Good luck with your project.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

awesome, i will try that tonight, i want to get the angeleyes in tonight and the projectors are going to take a little longer due to the fabrication of the bracket inside of the housing.
    -20\" IceMetal 888 rims
    -Hid headlights
    -Rockford-Fosgate Power 20001BD amp
    -Monitor molded into center console
    -4 Alpine Type R 12 subs
    -Euro headlights
    -Headrest monitors
    -Remus muffler
    more to list at another time

how is the project coming along?

right now do you have the hid retrofit kit installed on your stock '95 headlights (H4)? how is the beam pattern and light projection? do you like it?

if you are interested, i have an entire '97+ headlight setup for sale. i was planning to put the setup in my own car (a '96 w202), but i cant seem to find time for it. it might be easier to work with for your project than the stock '95 units, since the lenses are removable and replaceable, and they are glass so the light dispersion might be nicer. since the newer housings use H7 bulbs, they also have a separate high beam and low beam bulb, unlike the H4 housings. let me know if you are interested...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=4784

abwoo@hotmail.com