Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European style door lock pins

Just installed those this weekend, helps the look of the car so much...

~dnm
    1995 C36 AMG

Can any one please post the part number again for those "Euro" door pins? Thanks in advance.

Be aware that if you do this, your rear passengers will be trapped. The rear doors do not open when locked, even if you try the handle. Without the pin, they have no ablilty to escape in the event of an accident.

Just an FYI.

~dnm

PS - I have them anyways - no one is every in my backseat.
    1995 C36 AMG

Thanks for the warning

But I think it should be ok - in the worst case, the rear seat passenger(s) can crawl to the front and exit via either front doors - just like as if you're sitting in the rear seat of a CLK, and both the driver and the person sitting in the front seat become unconsicous - you'll need to crawl to the front too

These door pins may be safer for kids actually - at least they won't be able to pull them up and open the rear doors accidentally. I don't remember MBs having child proof door locks for the rear doors?

Now, can anyone please post the part numbers for those door pins please? Thanks.

Originally posted by 95c280
    Can any one please post the part number again for those "Euro" door pins? Thanks in advance.
    Please see the first post in this thread :bunny:
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Thanks Nokia.

So it's "A 123 766 00 22"? I thought the number would start with 208, since this is a W208 part - I guess it's really a W123 part? Didn't know that the W123s used the same door pins. Interesting....

Thanks again.