Thread: Rieger kit installation???

Question Rieger kit installation???

I bought the kit long time ago, and installed it long time ago using equally spaced rivets. Actually looked better then i thought it would. Recently got in to a small accident in the front, not my fault so the other person is paying. My front bumper is going to get changed and i want to get rid of the rivets. An autobody shop is doing that but i want to advise them on how to do it right without rivets and still keep the lip on my bumper at high speeds. Now that i think about it the kit came with some tubes of something i am not sure if its epoxy or just filler, its in German. I also have instructions which are in German also.

Any advise is appreciated.

CKlasse
    I used liquid nail and built a custom alum. bracket for the front lip. The side mold was still rivetted to the bumper.

That held pretty good, til I lost control on the track on day -- spun out and gone over the edge. The front lip lost the bottom half... yet was still held in place pretty sturdy.

i used the silocone stuff that came w/the kit and pop riveted it to the stock lip in the fender wells, its held up pretty well, the only thing that messed it up so far was a tire on the freeway

OG Moderator
    i would use some liquid nails too, or a polyurthene adhevise, thats what i've been using when installing replica kits and it stays one.

If the lip is already painted and stuff, then put it on and tape the outside of it so that it stays on, Then filp it over and apply a bead of some polyurthene adhevise where the lip and the bumper meet and let it set over night. Make sure it contacts both surface and be careful to not let any seep thru and expose it self.

Hope that helps, good luck
    Got BRABUS?

I know someone who used the black German adhesive that came with it and later wanted to take it off and he basically had to break it off. Those Germans make some stong stuff lol.