Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: 02.21.06 Replica Brabus Front

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by JDoggery
    I'd be down, but my concern again is fitment. Since I have a 99, I would need to get an older bumper? Can you explain more about this? Also, if you posted pictures of the bumper and where it would attach, and also what piece would have to be changed to fit a 99 I think it would help move some people along.
    I am not too sure of how to install the older Style bumper on to the Model updated body. I just know that they are different and it will need to be addressed. I've explained it to the MAX, I suggest going out and looking at your bumper, as i think i did a pretty good job explaining it. I would post up pictures but i dont have my server anymore.

heres what i mean by bumper cover( pic from some post on here)

Well the BRABUS is like this and will install the same way this one does. This a stock Euro cover. Only Difference is the styling.
    Got BRABUS?

Ima post my bumper for 714guys cuz he is nice enough to try to help ppl out.

This is the brabus bumper. Now look at your bumper (i wont address sport bumpers here. we're talking elegance) Notice that most of your bumper is body colour and the top portion is gray (or some other colour and it has chrom trim on it as well. Well that different colour and chrome trim comes off. And you put this part along with the assorted bumper guides onto the brabus bumper and there ya have it.

Now for the model updated ppl.

Your bumpers are ugly (yes they are get over it) and they are also bigger. The brabus bumper was designed for the cooler and tighter fitting pre updated bumper. You can fit your top portion to the brabus bumper but be forewarned... it will stick out more and have some overhangs on some parts simply because the model updated bumper is bigger.

Here is a model updated 202 with brabus bumper.

Now here is my pre updated car with preupdated top portion with brabus bumper.

Tighter to the body and better looking.

So it will work regardless of what bumper you have. If you bring it to a body shop they can figure out how to mount it. If you do it yourself it would help that you have a better than surface understanding of bodywork to help you put it on your car.

Either way we should give props to 714 for doing this now its up to you guys to put your money where your interconnection meets the road.

Now 714 I better get a free copy
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I am in...

OK....

I have updated w202...

I think BRABUS bumper looks nicer on pre 98 models...but at the

same time....it doesn't look that bad on updated models.....

714guy...

I am in....

also I would like the fog light also....

So let me know...

will it fit on my front? if yes then im down for it

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    will it fit on my front? if yes then im down for it

Then you are down.

OG Moderator
    Thanks Nokia for the Explaination, works so much better with pictures.

2 down and 8 to go. This weekend i will tinker with the bumper an fit it on my preupdated bumper. I'll take pictures and post it up to clear things up, and how they fit.

Also if anybody in the Socal Area with an Updated w202 that will let me fit the BRABUS bumper on to there car, so i can see how it will fit. Email me 714guy@sbcglobal.net. I will take pictures and let everybody else see how it works.

Regarding the Foglights, before i actually do the Mold, I will make sure these Hella fog lights i have fit perfectly, they fit right now but i have to do a little trimming so that it fits perfectly. the foglights i got at pepboys, they were $60, instead of the Hella ones that Brabus sales for $190. They look identical, just the mounting is different.

So hopefully you guys can help me start the ball rolling so i can start.
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator

NOTE: there should be grill that goes in that big gap between the Foglights, but seems as they are always lost or impossible to get. So what would suggest doing is putting mesh right there. I could find some cool mesh for you guys an pre make them, if ya want but we'll discuss details of that later.

Its looks to me that the White car doesn't have the niche for the EURO plate. If that's right, ya dont have to worry mine does and looks identical to Nokia's but painted Blue right now.

So for those of you who wanted to the EURO bumper swap like i have. hahaha!! You can kill two birds with one stone.

Jason
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator
    N/M
    Got BRABUS?

so the kit WILL fit my car, just that the top part will stick out a lil and be a lil bulkier? if thats it...then i think thats fine.. also, would it look weird without the middle grille if i have a functional intercooler (i have kompressor)?? 714guy IM me, ill be willing to let u to fit it on my car
    give me an IM : izytron

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Then you are down.
    coool, hurry up ppl so we can get this started

This bumper

is gonna be awsome!!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by ryhi
    would it look weird without the middle grille if i have a functional intercooler (i have kompressor)??
    give me an IM : izytron
    nope, thats what i want to do, but nee soem $$$$ for a turbo setup
    Got BRABUS?

Sounds like I won't have any trouble fitting this on a 1995 C220.

I may want to get in on this buy also. (Not sure yet.)

I was considering a Lorinser kit, but not having much luck there. What's the best way to get a good deal on the other pieces (sides and rear)?

BTW, I'm also in the So Cal Area.
    1995 C220 * (Retired)
    2006 A4 2.0T Quattro * Stock 4 now!

if it is possilble

why don't we go for the whole brabus kit!!

is this doable???

Here is a good read for those of you interested in what 714guy will have to do inorder to provide these copied bumpers for you. (found the link from another site)

The text is in yellow and makes it hard to read but its worth it

Its a lot of work.... really alot of work and I give you props for going for it. :bandit:

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    Here is a good read for those of you interested in what 714guy will have to do inorder to provide these copied bumpers for you. (found the link from another site)

The text is in yellow and makes it hard to read but its worth it

Its a lot of work.... really alot of work and I give you props for going for it. :bandit:
    I am not goin to personally being doin it but yeah those are the steps there goin to have to go thru. The only part i will be doing to making the bumper perfect before molding.
    Got BRABUS?

What other sides and rear would be a good match for the Brabus front bumper? (AMG, Reiger, etc.)

There are probably pictures posted somewhere so we can compare.
    1995 C220 * (Retired)
    2006 A4 2.0T Quattro * Stock 4 now!

whats the status on this? have you fitted it on ryhi's car?
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

OG Moderator
    not yet, i ve been really busy
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator
    Alrighty i just put on the BRABUS bumper and it looks fantastic, i'll get pictures up when i find my camera. I thought you didn't have to cut the bumper but you do. So I won't be able to test fit it one an Updated model without some cutting. If you have the older style bumper then it looks DOPE.

Come on People if you dont act faster than me then your wont be able to get a Brabus front.
    Got BRABUS?

pics... can't wait to see
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Originally posted by JDoggery
    pics... can't wait to see
    I spoke with a friend of mine who is a authorized distributor for brabus. I asked him to speak to brabus about odering these kits again.

He spoke with brabus and told me that, brabus would be willing to reproduce the kits for the w202 but only if there are a minimum of 10 guaranteed buyers...

just wanted to let you guys know -> another chance to purchase the real deal.

He's calculating the prices right now. Once I get the pricing i'll let you guys know if you guys are interested.
    http://www.inzrate.com

Originally posted by c_lee
    I spoke with a friend of mine who is a authorized distributor for brabus. I asked him to speak to brabus about odering these kits again.

He spoke with brabus and told me that, brabus would be willing to reproduce the kits for the w202 but only if there are a minimum of 10 guaranteed buyers...

just wanted to let you guys know -> another chance to purchase the real deal.

He's calculating the prices right now. Once I get the pricing i'll let you guys know if you guys are interested.
    this is old news

One of the Mods was trying to put a GB just like this together b4, it fell apart.

Im sure you could find the info again if you search.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

In Charge
    I dont think it is too difficult to get Brabus to remake the kit, the hard part is finding 10 confirmed buyers with $$.

Several people interested, but only a few got the $$ waiting.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I came across this in MBWorld. Not sure if it's for a w202. It only
    say that it's for a c-class.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86659