Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: 02.21.06 Replica Brabus Front

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by JDoggery
    where do you guys plan to get them painted/ installed? what about the lower mesh/ fogs?

any idea of what the total cost would be? (ship, paint, install, etc.)i think that this would help people to understand what there overall investment is going to be. maybe this will help to get potential buyers
    all good questions and should be addressed.

Shipping: will be around 80 - 100, i am guessing b/c thats what i paid for it to be shiped from Virgina to Cali. However i would prefer pick up if possible, especially if you are in Socal or even Norcal.

Install: FREE if you're able to do it. I promise i will have my tutorial up soon on how i installed it on my pre-updated bumper. And for up Updated Cars, I will have a tutorial up too once the bumpers are made and i install it on an Updated bumper.

Paint: This will vary on what shop you take it too. A rough estimate would be around 250 - 300.

yeah it gets expensive, but i was able to do it while working and going to college full time. Its all about small steps and saving. I remember when i first got my replica Brabus, i bought it and let it sit for about 2 months before i saved up enough for install and paint.
    Got BRABUS?

i don't mind being the guinea pig -- but i would like to at least get some what of an estimate for the difficulty involved in installing. Well, how bout that - once you have at least one replica made, i can drop by, since I live in OC, Ca. and we can try to eye ball to see what it would look like?

cool?

o btw -- just to vent - I HATE EVO SPORT AND WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD A CARLSSON REAR LIP FOR MY CAR AND OFFERED TO SELL IT AT 100 BUCKS. SO I DRIVE DOWN THERE FOR AN HR IN TRAFFIC AND ITS NOT EVEN CARLSSON!! BUNCH JACKA**ES.

any ways. tell me what you think 714guys. But i'd like to get something rolling quick here - i'm getting pretty antsy just waiting.

Originally posted by 714guy
    if you want to donate an updated bumper to me then i can tell how much work it will need to fit, otherwise i am not goin to a buy one just to fit for you. If you read what Nokia said, the only difference would be the amount the bumper sticks out, the fit should be about the same.

http://www.inzrate.com

c_lee what lip did they have then?

it wasn't a lip! it was a full rear bumper cover. The bumper cover looked identical to that of a post updated rear bumper cover without the flare on the bottom. It had no exhuast opening. it was just a flat rear bumper cover.

http://www.carlsson.de/en/tuning/c-k...2/aero/02.html

if you look at the link above, notice how their is a rear lip on the back, with the exhast openeing. well, that's what i was expecting to buy and that what the sales guy said it was. Well, my fault, I should have asked for pics before going down there, because that isn't what they had. It also had 2 small cracks on either end of the bumper at the edges.

o well -- back to the drawing board

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    c_lee what lip did they have then?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by c_lee
    i don't mind being the guinea pig -- but i would like to at least get some what of an estimate for the difficulty involved in installing. Well, how bout that - once you have at least one replica made, i can drop by, since I live in OC, Ca. and we can try to eye ball to see what it would look like?

cool?

any ways. tell me what you think 714guys. But i'd like to get something rolling quick here - i'm getting pretty antsy just waiting.
    i won't be making any replicas untill i get a fo sho number of buyers. I do have the real one that we can eyeball on your car. I am thinking the install should be similar to the preupdated bumpers, b/c all you really have to cut is the lower center section of the bumper where the grills and vents are. This is so there is room for the fog lights and vents of the brabus bumper.

About the Carlsson bumpers for our 202, its just like brabus, you won't be able to find it new or used unless your lucky.
    Got BRABUS?

714 Guy,

How about this? Would you mind if I came by or we met and kinda eyeballed your real brabus against my stock 99 bumper? Don't worry i'm not some psycho!

If it looks like it can be done, i'm definitely in for sure.

What do you say? I'm sure there are people on this forum who aren't getting in on it, b/c they're not sure it will fit a post updated bumper. If we can get rid of any uncertainties we can get the ball rolling!.

Lemme know what you think and e-mail me directly @ chris24@gmail.com

Thanks!

i won't be making any replicas untill i get a fo sho number of buyers. I do have the real one that we can eyeball on your car. I am thinking the install should be similar to the preupdated bumpers, b/c all you really have to cut is the lower center section of the bumper where the grills and vents are. This is so there is room for the fog lights and vents of the brabus bumper.

About the Carlsson bumpers for our 202, its just like brabus, you won't be able to find it new or used unless your lucky.

i know of one person on this site that has a complete carlsson body kit sitting in his garage. I need to figure out if he will sell it to me.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by c_lee
    714 Guy,

How about this? Would you mind if I came by or we met and kinda eyeballed your real brabus against my stock 99 bumper? Don't worry i'm not some psycho!

If it looks like it can be done, i'm definitely in for sure.

What do you say? I'm sure there are people on this forum who aren't getting in on it, b/c they're not sure it will fit a post updated bumper. If we can get rid of any uncertainties we can get the ball rolling!.

Lemme know what you think and e-mail me directly @ chris24@gmail.com

Thanks!
    sure thing, Let me figure out a good time and i'll let ya know.
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    i know of one person on this site that has a complete carlsson body kit sitting in his garage. I need to figure out if he will sell it to me.
    Look at this guy, Pickin up all the W202 kits, for himself.
    Got BRABUS?

sounds good then. let me know when you get time

sure thing, Let me figure out a good time and i'll let ya know.

hey, i need a front for my merz. if ur front bumper is nice ill give u what ur askin for it.

hey, if u got a nice front bumper, let me know, i need one, and soon.

thanks

Originally posted by nokia8860
    I sooo want a Carlsson kit

I think I'll get a replica if it's possible

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by eduk_01
    hey, i need a front for my merz. if ur front bumper is nice ill give u what ur askin for it.
    i am goin start on soon once schools out. If you want in I will need 100 deposit, so nobody backs out. The mold is goin to cost $$$$ so i need insurance.
    Got BRABUS?

i am goin start on soon once schools out. If you want in I will need 100 deposit, so nobody backs out. The mold is goin to cost $$$$ so i need insurance.
    do you know a ballpark figure of how much its going to cost
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    do you know a ballpark figure of how much its going to cost
    about 350 if i get 5 sure people, and 250 if i get 10 sure people.
    Got BRABUS?

I am in!!!!!

Either 350 or 250....

I am in...

So you got two person for sure

anyone else interested??

OG Moderator
    All we need is 2 more, I will see if my cousin wants one. Only if i had extra cash i'd just do it. I should really take a class in mold making at school so i can do it my self, that'll be so cool.
    Got BRABUS?

how much will shipping be ? shipped to norcal?

me and Jdoggery should most likely be in...when are you gonna start on this? this month or in Jan?

if its in Jan, im definitely in and you can put me down for sure. right now i need to buy a xmas present for my gf first

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by KenzBenz
    if its in Jan, im definitely in and you can put me down for sure. right now i need to buy a xmas present for my gf first
    mostly in jan, i just found i planning a party for my parent 25th Anniversary party the 2nd. So i'll be plenty busy.
    Got BRABUS?

ok jan is good, you can count me in then for sure

if the price is 250 to 350 then I'm in too. BTW this is for the Brabus replica front right?

Also I have a 98C230 wil I have the same problem as a 99?
    MBZ-C230