Thread: UPDATED: 02.21.06 Replica Brabus Front

I'm still in.

714guy: you better put up a list.

thanks.

OG Moderator

Re: i'm interested on that...

Originally posted by blink
    where cn i get the rear and the side skirts.thanks
    I Have a C36 Rear, if this goes well i will be replicating that too for the same price. As for the Sideskirt, i don't know yet b/c the cost per side is alot, so i don't really think it'll be worth it. Let me check with L&S first. Alternative is the updated skirts or paint the black part since the Front isn't that low.
    Got BRABUS?

i'm really interested......

would it ift a 1994 c 280.where can i get the rear and the side skirts could you help me to get those too.email me at blink94080@yahoo.com thanks

Originally posted by Kswiss
    very fragile....my friend's kit would get a new patch of chips everytime he drove to san diego from la area. Also, he ran over a spare tire on the road and it broke the kit in half, but it was a big tire...
    I've used fiberglass kits from Bomex, and they aren't as fragile as people say. I've scraped the bottom on a driveway without affecting the rest of the bumper. You should really avoid running over tires regardless of what front bumper you have. Paint chips are mostly determined by the quality of the paint. You can't spend $200 on paint and expect it to be as good as stock. The cars with fiberglass bumpers we've sent through Little John's Bodyworks have not suffered from any rock chips, cracking, or fading, but expect to pay $500-700 to properly paint the bumper.

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

OG Moderator
    They are in Production. I'll keep you guys updated. I am guessing mid December they'll be ready for shipping/pickup.
    Got BRABUS?

i want one is that too late

rollinrealbig

Talking

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Ima post my bumper for 714guys cuz he is nice enough to try to help ppl out.

This is the brabus bumper. Now look at your bumper (i wont address sport bumpers here. we're talking elegance) Notice that most of your bumper is body colour and the top portion is gray (or some other colour and it has chrom trim on it as well. Well that different colour and chrome trim comes off. And you put this part along with the assorted bumper guides onto the brabus bumper and there ya have it.

Now for the model updated ppl.

Your bumpers are ugly (yes they are get over it) and they are also bigger. The brabus bumper was designed for the cooler and tighter fitting pre updated bumper. You can fit your top portion to the brabus bumper but be forewarned... it will stick out more and have some overhangs on some parts simply because the model updated bumper is bigger.

Here is a model updated 202 with brabus bumper.

Now here is my pre updated car with preupdated top portion with brabus bumper.

Tighter to the body and better looking.

So it will work regardless of what bumper you have. If you bring it to a body shop they can figure out how to mount it. If you do it yourself it would help that you have a better than surface understanding of bodywork to help you put it on your car.

Either way we should give props to 714 for doing this now its up to you guys to put your money where your interconnection meets the road.

Now 714 I better get a free copy

I want that !!! where do i buy ? and how much is the breakdown ? like skirts and each bumper seperate. let me kno. thanks.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    I want that !!! where do i buy ? and how much is the breakdown ? like skirts and each bumper seperate. let me kno. thanks.
    I am currently geting the Front made right now, and that is $300 + 150 if you want a CF lip. I also have an AMG C36 rear, that i would make if there is enough interest. For the side skirts, I am trying to find a better source, b/c if i made those they would cost way too much. If you want the front let me know, email me 714guy at sbcglobal . net. I should have some ready by mid-december.
    Got BRABUS?

keep up with the updates =)

How would it look with WALD side skirts?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by frankthetank_86
    How would it look with WALD side skirts?
    I think they'll be to curvy for the brabus front. I'd try to find soem updated side skirts, those will probably be the best alternative.
    Got BRABUS?

rollinrealbig
    if you post pix of the CF lip, that be cool.

also i want to see the rear bumper that you sell, and any side skirts too.

thanks!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    if you post pix of the CF lip, that be cool.

also i want to see the rear bumper that you sell, and any side skirts too.

thanks!
    I have not made the CF lip bumper yet. The rear that I *might* make and sell is the C36 AMG rear (same one on the silver car above). I dont have any side skirts at the moment, but i could get them made, but they will cost alot.

anyways here is a PS of what the CF lip would look like, you just paint the grey part the color of your car.

Got BRABUS?

rollinrealbig

Unhappy

ummmm, i think i like it without the fiber...

mmm looking hot, without the CF lip that is
    but it might look better if the lip wasnt so big. Should make it like how E36 M3 bumpers have that small plastic trim underneath the bumper...

rollinrealbig
    yea yea ^^^

that bumper really reminds me of the bumpers you see on 96' VW jetta.

my mom had 4 of them ... they all got totalled - thats crazy!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by KenzBenz
    mmm looking hot, without the CF lip that is
    but it might look better if the lip wasnt so big. Should make it like how E36 M3 bumpers have that small plastic trim underneath the bumper...
    Well, I see what you mean, but you can paint it exposing as much or as little as you like. I might just have to make a splitter type thing.
    Got BRABUS?

so have you made the replica kits and are selling them now?

if so how much?

Originally posted by 714guy
    Well, I see what you mean, but you can paint it exposing as much or as little as you like. I might just have to make a splitter type thing.
    http://www.inzrate.com

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by c_lee
    so have you made the replica kits and are selling them now?

if so how much?
    the mold is being made for the front. Its going to be 300.
    Got BRABUS?

Originally posted by 714guy
    splitter is a better idea i think, that way your not wasting carbon fiber when you are just gonna paint over it

So are they almost done already!!

OG Moderator
    Soon, i just talked to the shop today, the mold is done, so a few more weeks and i will have the bumpers. I'll keep you guys updated.
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator
    Updated, Got one piece today. After triming and fitting it will be going to Blink.
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator
    UPDATED: Pictures of it Trimmed and Fitted on Preupdated bumper. That'll be probably the last update for the next two weeks. I have to hit the Books. Email me if you have an questions, and I will try to respond ASAP. 714guy @ sbcglobal.net

Peace out.
    Got BRABUS?

If anybody is interested in a original Brabus bumper, my friend has one for sell. Original and with the original lights.

you can reach him here:

galerie@w202-freunde.de
    Gruss
    Steffen