Thread: Shifter is loose

Angry Shifter is loose

Have any of you guys experienced your tranny shifter coming loose...I mean there is a lot of play when I shift from park to drive and reverse. I can also hear a hollow clunking noise whenever I shift. This just started today and I am hoping it doesnt have any major problems.

check underneath the car where the shifter lever comes out from the inside of the veh. there is an arm/bolt/arm deal there. It could have worked itself loose.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Re: Shifter is loose

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    Have any of you guys experienced your tranny shifter coming loose...I mean there is a lot of play when I shift from park to drive and reverse. I can also hear a hollow clunking noise whenever I shift. This just started today and I am hoping it doesnt have any major problems.
    try to get your car lifted so you can see it...the shifter spot is right in the middle of the bottom of the car...you could be missing a shifter bushing...
    744 CULT!

Thanks for the suggestions...I will check under the vehicle.

OG Moderator
    Damn.. ya beat me to it.. yep, its the shifter bushing.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

hahaha... at least both you and super knew the word for it. I just make up my own words for these parts.... shifterthingthatismadeoutofsomematerialthatdoesntt astegoodevenwithgravy.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    hahaha... at least both you and super knew the word for it. I just make up my own words for these parts.... shifterthingthatismadeoutofsomematerialthatdoesntt astegoodevenwithgravy.
    LOL goofy mofo
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody