thats lookin really nice man.. cant wait to see the next bunch of pics. hurry!!!!

as for the whole set up you are doing.. what do you mean the bypass valve will now vent through the guard??.. what guard?
so instead of boost pressure venting back into the intake it will vent to atmosphere..right?

I had thought about eliminating the stock bypass valve and go for an aftermarket bypass valve, but the problem with that is the check engine light would then be on no doubt. is there a way to trick the computer to thinking the valve is still there? any electronics guru's here?
and I dont know how the aftermarket valve would fair out in place of the factory valve. if it would work the same, if I would run into any driveability problems.
so for now Im sticking with the stock set up but making the "cold air intake" but now youve got me thinking about moving the stock bypass valve slightly and running another filter on it.

and about the IC you are doing.. is it larger than stock?.. will it fit right into place? and are you running larger diameter pipe through the whole intake system with nice full bends in the pipes and not squashed down bends like factory?