Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Hey 23K:
Are those flanges you made for the supercharger to hold the intake on with made from scratch or are they the stock flanges modified?

I am curious to know that with the replacement intercooler and intercooler pipe, if there be any boost drop at all? or will it just be a lack of boost at lower rpm's until it is built back up?
I think renntech makes an intercooler for the W202.. did you look into that at all?
Im looking into an intercooler myself, but I dont think there will be any hp gains from doing this mod. with a larger intercooler you may slightly lower the air charge temp, but I just dont see it happening for some reason.. I think we need to look into water injection or some sort of co2 system to spray on the intercooler itself to cool the air going through it.

Do you know how many cfm's the stock intercooler flows and how much the new one you are modifying to fit flows?

have you done a pulley kit and chip at all on your motor? if so what tuner?
Hey Man,yea those flanges are all custom made,i just picked up a sheet of 5mm and one of 2mm from down the road...

I agree there will be a small loss down low in the rev range due to lag from bigger piping,IC etc...
in my opinion,the factory system is only good enough for the 5-8psi our cars run(after 5000 RPM it gradually raises to 8 as the engine breaths less than the SC output)...
and as you probley already know temperature rises at a huge rate as pressure rises...there maybe a gain above 5000...maybe not...
the factory IC is also positioned so it doesn't get a great flow of air...not to mention the very poor IC tanks which can be seen when taken out!!.....
The main reason i have replace the IC is that my next plan is to raise pressure...and when i raise pressure i want cooling to be adequit...
not to mention the system should sound and look very nice,so it may not be a complete waste of time

I haven't looked into any other intercoolers,(for a benz anyway)I already know Trust make a very fine job with a design for as less pressure drop as possible.
also i wanted to make custom SC inlet and outlet so they probley wouldnt have fitted any aftermarket MB parts.

the Trust kit also came with a window washer kit...whick i might use for a IC spray if i find time....

I could have gone all the way and tested the temperature and flow of the factory system at verious parts but...but im kinda the one to say "if its factory replace it".... just luv custom stuff

I checked your page man,and somewhere iv read there is no more kleeman kits....it would be nice to pick up a set of those pullys rather than me have to make them,but iv heard of other kits...

Got the IC almost piped in this week,wanted to take pics but someones got the cam

Regards,
Paul