Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Custom intake fabrication begins.. W202 M111

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Gimme the alloy, and I'll cone press it for you!
    LOL your only on the other side of the world.....to me anyways,
    would have been nice though!...

Regards,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

OG Moderator
    23K:
    How did you run the stock PCV system?.. the hose that comes off the valve cover.. where did you attach it to? make a fitting to go onto the intake tube?

also have you done any testing with a bored out stock MAS, or try using a MAS from a M112/113 motor? would there be any troubles due to the larger diameter of the MAS itself? incorrect readings given by the MAS to the fuel computer?

What size of intake tube did you use for the boost side? 2"?

Thanks..
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Hey yeh the HKS filter i had has a screw in pipe on one side,so the pipe coming out of the seperator was just extended down to the filter.....Ill post a pic tomorrow...
    as for the small tapping of the SC to the separator....iv just blocked it off for now....
    when i find time i wil install a catch can with return to the sump...

I havnt played with the MAS yet,Im not sure if that would make any difference on this forced induction engine unless we ran alot higher HP?.....

the pipe i used is about 2 1/4'' i think......i posted the exact size somwhere in this thread.......Ill check it tonight...

Regards,
    Paul

OG Moderator
    Yeh thabks.. I wondered where you would run that hose to?!.. I figured t the intake pipe since it was on the stock air box.. but do I want to block off the flow of air to it so its not getting so much forced air?

I have an extra MAS from an M112/113 motor.. was thinking of using that housing (since its larger in diameter) and putting my stock MAS sensor into it. this way I will have the larger pipe and not shrink down to a smaller MAS tube.
    and I dont know if it will do anything either..
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Yeh i guess there will be less air flow.....im fairly sure the added airflow was to ensure oil didnt sit inside the separator and gradual clog it up.....but im not to worried as this should take ages and i should have a can made up buy then i hope.....

im not to sure about the mass......i know that it is very close to the same size tube as the casting on top of your butterfly....
    so there may be no gain in flow?........
    Ill also have a look into it tonight.....

Regards.
    Paul