Thread: door pins help

door pins help

so i have the clk or whatever pins, and my drivers side pin was a little to low, so i take it out, but i locked it by mistake so i unlock it, but then i didn't see that the rod thing went to the side so when i put the pin in it fell all the way through, so i need to know how i get it out, i can get the rod back up normally, but i can't see where the pin is, and I need to know how to get it out, any ideas?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

You might be stuck having to take your door panel off to get to it...

dont have to take door off. use flash light look inside. see the rod. make sur the door is locked first. put the orginal door pin in and screw it on. unlock it
    take the oen one out

but the clk pin feel into the hole, and it seems like there is a lot of space in there, i can get the rod back up no prob, i just don't know how to get the pin back from inside...
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

oh i read it wrong. so yea u need to take doro pannel off.

its not rocket science boss.

1. Forget about it and buy another CLK door pin, its like what a few cents?

2. Take off the door panel

BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    its not rocket science boss.

1. Forget about it and buy another CLK door pin, its like what a few cents?

Now there's a smart guy!

Unless your billing rate happens to equal that of skippy the web-toed untouchable, it'd be much easier just to buy a new door pin, or maybe even a half dozen--if you really have bad luck.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

throwing down 6 bucks for half a dozen isn't bad its just wasteing a ton of time driving to cal motors that takes hours, and yes it does i live very far away, and on a side note when i do go down does anyone have the numbers for the ml key hole plugs and the amg seat belt pad things, or any other good little items i can pick up while i'm there?

***C43***

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    throwing down 6 bucks for half a dozen isn't bad its just wasteing a ton of time driving to cal motors that takes hours, and yes it does i live very far away, and on a side note when i do go down does anyone have the numbers for the ml key hole plugs and the amg seat belt pad things, or any other good little items i can pick up while i'm there?
    Well then waste time taking off the door panel cuz thats ur other option foo.

I dont know the part number for the ML key hole plugs but just ask the parts guy for them, explain what they are, they have parts data bases and problay will know what u are talking about. The AMG seatbelt pads are a waste of money and just get in the way, the reason i have some is they were free.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

so they don't look cool? and do you have any other items that might be on interest when buying everything

***C43***

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    so they don't look cool? and do you have any other items that might be on interest when buying everything
    Buy a new CLK55 then you'll look cooooollllllll.......
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

BUY new CLK55 KLEEMAN package u will look cooler