Thread: xenon lights

xenon lights

I used a search for xenon lights and it looks like that the kit from bekkers.com would be a perfect fit ( without modding). but on the description on the website it says "The pre-facelift models ( models '93-'96)require upgraded panels below the headlights."
    Whats the deal there? Would i just have to buy panels from the face lifted model? Also, i know that performanceproducts.com sells a kit for the 202 for i think a little over $2k. Has anyone bought this kit before? And would it need mods to the panels like the one from bekkers.com? Thanks in advance.

OG Moderator
    The bekker kit wil be perfect bolt on and no other modification required for any car (US Spec) 1997 and up

For the earlier year 1995-1996 with pre-updated headlight

you will need:

1. Modify you under headlight panel (you might need to dremmel the back of it (if you're a pretty handy DIY'er). or get 1997-up panel. In any case this dremmel part should be pretty straight forward.

2. You will need to change the headlight fuses from 7.5 A to 15 A (as the Xenon unit requires higher fuse rating that halogen)

3. You will need to get a wiring socket that will be plugin to your headlight harness to fit these Xenon headlight (I don't remember the part number for this socket, but you should ask bekker. They know about this.)
    This socket is not a specific requirement for Xenon headlight, it also a requirement if you have 1995-1996 cars and want to put newer headlight on you car (1997-1999 headlight).

Hope this helps.

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

and dun you have to goto MB to have them turn on the option for xenon lights in the computer?
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Rocky
    and dun you have to goto MB to have them turn on the option for xenon lights in the computer?

not on mine..

Regardz,

that is only for nerwer cars

didn't performance have the angel eyes xen lights?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

here's the link to the performance products hid's . J Irwan, would the 97 and up panel be a perfect fit? i'd do this myself but i need my car for work and school (not to seem lazy or anything). thanks for your input.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by sugrdaddey
    here's the link to the performance products hid's . J Irwan, would the 97 and up panel be a perfect fit? i'd do this myself but i need my car for work and school (not to seem lazy or anything). thanks for your input.

yes 1997 panel would be perfect fit.

I have a 1997 C36 and when I purchased these Bosch Xenon unit from bekkers I just pretty much replaced the halogen unit with this Xenon unit.

Everything fit perfectly: panel, headlight wiper, and wiring is plug and play as well.

And as far performance product, I would call them up and ask what kind of Xenon headlight they're selling. If they're selling the same things bekker does, then buy it from bekker. Bekker obviously cheaper.

Regardz,

http://www.performanceproducts.com/P...producttype=20 are these for real? angel eyes? and are they xen lights, i mean it says hid but then it says xen too, and what about be the best quality xen lights one could get?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins