Thread: Dual Zone Climate Control

Dual Zone Climate Control

is this possible

can you just plug this in ?

or you think there is lots more to it?

98 c230

upgraded grille
    harman kardon traffic pro

There is alot more involved than just having the controll unit.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I am also very interested in the answer to this question. My car has the dual coolant valve to the heater core but only the single zone electronic climate control.

I asked if I could upgrade to dual zone contol at my local Benz dealer and they said it was not possible due to the wiring harness. But what do they know!! They also said it was impossible to install the Comand that MBenzNL installed in 45 minutes.

Perhaps Steve at MBenzNL can let us know if he can retrofit working dual climate control to our single zone 202's.

Thanks,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Originally posted by Tump43
    I am also very interested in the answer to this question. My car has the dual coolant valve to the heater core but only the single zone electronic climate control.

I asked if I could upgrade to dual zone contol at my local Benz dealer and they said it was not possible due to the wiring harness. But what do they know!! They also said it was impossible to install the Comand that MBenzNL installed in 45 minutes.

Perhaps Steve at MBenzNL can let us know if he can retrofit working dual climate control to our single zone 202's.

Thanks,
    there are a loto of discussion on this, also in other MB forum, also Steve installed the automatic climate control in his "classic" diesel, look to his www-site, but he has confirmed a lot of times that he don't reccomend this work due to possible bad working.

Sorry

1998K --

Thanks for the response. I suppose that one has to have the updated car to be able to use that and other items. This is the same as not being able to retrofit the new manumatic tranny control (left up shift, right down shift) to the older the tranny controls (PNRD4-5,3,2,1) or even to retrofit the DVD based comand to the CD based comand systems. Steve told me he couldn't install a DVD comand in a 202.
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

so if you did have this, what does that mean you can do?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

i already have the digital display automatic climate control just not dual..

is that what is assumed?
    98 c230

upgraded grille
    harman kardon traffic pro

OG Moderator
    it is more difficult than you think to install the dual zone climate control head unit.. it may just plug into place.. but you still need to run another harness and a duo valve instead of the mono valve you have in your car, also I would think there is a different heater core and heater box assembly between single and dual zone.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Would this be able to be used in a 99 C230K? I have two knobs on my car to change the temperature for the two sides of the car, but it doesn't seem to be automatic climate control.

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    it is more difficult than you think to install the dual zone climate control head unit.. it may just plug into place.. but you still need to run another harness and a duo valve instead of the mono valve you have in your car, also I would think there is a different heater core and heater box assembly between single and dual zone.
    R.

I think all W202's have duo valves and not monovalves. My car is a duo valve.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Re: Dual Zone Climate Control

Originally posted by detroit202
    is this possible

can you just plug this in ?

or you think there is lots more to it?

yes is posseble (I work on that I'm now bissy with the wire harness for it.)
    but is a lot off work
    look at the clk w208 that model is very simmular to the w202.

things to do to upgrade at yours
    display chance
    heater hausing chance or modify
    wire harness modify
    you must know a lot of elektric
    you need all diagrams from mercedes

if you can replay all the with yes then good luck
    if not forget it

btw or pay me a ticket and you get all parts than I could do it for you
    after i fix myne

Greetingz,

Mike
    Mike c200

I'm interested in bringing him to the US to do this. Why don't we see if we can get a number of people interested in this upgrade in the North East, NY, NJ , CT, PA, VT regions and split the cost of his trip?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Marc

bring him to so cal too!!!!!
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Yes, I would be interested in him coming to SoCal. I am in the O.C.

i am in oc too kind of well irvine, thats more towards newport, i also live in san bernardino area as well which is close to LA

***C43***

Yes, I am also in Irvine.

anywhere near uci?

***C43***

in the Oak Creek area

i'm sort of new to this area so is that close?

***C43***

Yes, it is about 7 minutes from UCI.

do you guys go to UCI? I went to school there... i live in sacramento now but i travel down there to visit my friends quite often... id be down to travel down to UCI to get a dual climate control installed... let me know whats up...

whow so much people who what dual sone klimacontrol

But I wil do first my instal.
    I think I wil do that end this year or at the start next year.

but a few things its not only chance the display
    the heater box behind the dash need more valves for left and right. (maby it is possble to mod your but i'm not sure about that at this moment)
    if not you wil need a other heater box
    for instal that or modify it wil be nessey to remove the complete dash
    the gas from the airco musst be removed from the airco system for the instal

some pics from mbenz where the dash is removed

I wil keep you updated about my mod

Mike
    Mike c200

Nahh, I don't go to UCI. Just live down here for my job. Lots of tech companies in the Irvine area.

koo

i go to uci

***C43***