Thread: "Rip" in the Tread Block to Sidewall

"Rip" in the Tread Block to Sidewall

i lost control of the car today for a second or two on a right turn (didnt see a pothole until it was too late, cut the wheel to avoid it but then the car started going sideways).. im ok, i didnt hurt anyone or anything.

after getting back home, i noticed something odd on my front driver side tire: what seems to be a chunk of tire, the size of a dime in approximate diameter and 1/8-1/4 inch deep, disconnected and just hanging like a flap, accompanied by several smaller "rips/tears", all located on the corner of a tread block, right before the sidewall begins. i'll post a picture when i get my hands on a camera.

the tire is a 225 45 17 Falken Ziex ZE-512, with about 1200 miles/1 month on it. i havent noticed any leakage of air YET, but i was wondering if if there is going to be leakage in the future, is it possible to repair this type of tire damage, or would i have to purchase a brand new tire?
    2006 WRX Limited
    1998 C280

post a pic.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

In Charge
    Depending on where you got your tires from and whether or not you have a warranty, you might be able to have them replaced for a minimal amount of $$.

When I bent my Monoblock, it bulged the treadwall of my tire. Couldnt fix it, but I had a Warranty on it. Only $7 to replace!
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I also had riped my inner sidewall of my kumho's Im just gonna replace those el'cheapo tires with Falken Aziens. Super grippy tires. I think it may not leak air now but it will in the future.
    RoyalFlush202