Thread: '95 C36 suspension upgrade

'95 C36 suspension upgrade

Hi everyone
    can someone please help me out.

after contacting one of the Bisltein suppliers i been told that Bisltein Sport shocks would work with stock AMG springs. is that true?

reason for asking is that my car has 105k miles and shocks started to leak. i been looking to replace my original stock bilstein shocks. By looking at the shocks based on the color it seemed that shocks are Bisltein HD so when i contacted supplier for Bilstein HD he recommended getting Bisltein Sport b/c of AMG springs. But i am not sure is AMG springs are low enough to accomodate Bisltein Sport shocks. i dont mind "not so low look" as with eibach/h&r but at the same time if my ride will be negatively affected i rather find another dealer for Bilstein HD.

Also Bisltein's Online web catalog doesnt list shocks for C36 . list includes 93-00 non-amg models only. is there a specific part for amg models?

Thanks

i actually just installed my bilstein sports today, and i love them, i cant believe how much of a difference they make, im pretty sure that these will work w/stock springs, when i installed them i compared the lengths to the stock shocks and there wasnt that much of a difference between the two.

I have a 97 C36 and just got Bilstein Sports put on last week. They work fine.
    cfortythreezie

Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
    I have a 97 C36 and just got Bilstein Sports put on last week. They work fine.
    but you have eibach lowering springs dont you?

He is asking if they will work with stock AMG springs i think...

and yes they will
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

you're right and you're right.
    cfortythreezie

mercedes Benz use bilstein shocks

i saw that my car comes with bilstein shocls but i they r not yellow so i figured they must be bilstein hd.
    right now i did get bisltein sport and will fit them with my stock amg springs next week. will definately let u know how the rides is.

also since i will get new springs pads. i wanted to know does lets say #1 pad over #3 pad offer less protection/cushioning for the suspension/ride components. since i will replace them if wouldnt mind getting the lower ones just a bit. i know i could just go with eibach springs but i dont want it that low. i do a lot of driving in NYC and it is horrible the pot holes u hit how deep they r.