Thread: Carbon Fiber Interior-Who makes?

Carbon Fiber Interior-Who makes?

I am intrested in a Carbon Fiber interior pieces that would replace the wood burl pieces in the stock C43.

Are those trim pieces available in real Carbon Fiber?

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

speedy Benz

That is going to be very very expensive in real carbon fiber i have never seen it.

Fake ones i have seen in shops and on ebay. They run for like 300-500 dollars
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    Jeff,

You can try contacting MikeC220 or Steve(MBenz).
    The newer (model update) CF Interior pieces from MB is easier to get than the older pieces.

Originally posted by pnsji
    Jeff,

You can try contacting MikeC220 or Steve(MBenz).
    The newer (model update) CF Interior pieces from MB is easier to get than the older pieces.

Is that the real carbon fibre though Pnsji??
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

The sport trim are not real. Jeff is probably familar with how it looks like off his prior model update sport package.

I do know brabus has real carbon fiber interior. Not oem but you might try contacting him about it.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Unless someone has come out with it in the last year or so, I know that there's no real CF kit for our pre lift cars...

My CF was cut, molded, and overlayed on the existing pieces. While this doesn't give perfect OEM fitment in certian places... it was the best available at the time...

You can see from this shot, even the top piece had to be split into to because it was too difficult to make it one piece.

My trim is the center consol, doors, ashtray, dash piece.

Originally posted by Brabus
    Unless someone has come out with it in the last year or so, I know that there's no real CF kit for our pre lift cars...

My CF was cut, molded, and overlayed on the existing pieces. While this doesn't give perfect OEM fitment in certian places... it was the best available at the time...

You can see from this shot, even the top piece had to be split into to because it was too difficult to make it one piece.

Brabus,
    That is a nice steering wheel. I've been looking for one just like that. Where did you buy it from?

Jeff,

Talk to Run.EXE as he's the CF interior monster. He had all of his stuff fabbed by a guy who goes by feather carbon. Basically, send in the parts, thomas makes them (overlay or full replacement), then everyone benefits because thomas will have a template for future parts. Club 202 rejoices, birds sing, the sun comes out.

I trust you're doing this one just for looks unless you plan on getting CF door panels made? I don't recall the plastic/laminated wood pieces being at all heavy.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Brabus

How much did that cost???? so that is all custom???
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Renn208,
    I trust you're doing this one just for looks unless you plan on getting CF door panels made? I don't recall the plastic/laminated wood pieces being at all heavy.
    I guess my vanity has shown through.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by c36ryder
    Brabus,
    That is a nice steering wheel. I've been looking for one just like that. Where did you buy it from?
    It's a Victor wheel... I don't think they sell it anymore.

Check here.

It was around $1000 new.

Originally posted by jnolte
    How much did that cost???? so that is all custom???
    Yes in deedy...

Brabus- your car is a 95 right? I like the two tone accents you have done- glovebox, armrest, etc. I did you just order the ash interior pieces from MB?

~dnm
    1995 C36 AMG

Originally posted by kodiak
    Brabus- your car is a 95 right? I like the two tone accents you have done- glovebox, armrest, etc. I did you just order the ash interior pieces from MB?

~dnm
    All the two toned was a rewrapping project that included the seats, glove box and center arm rest. It's all new/different leather. Not OEM.

CKlasse
    There is always a local guy who fabricate CF. In many cases, fiberglass fabricator also does CF. As far as two tone leather... try Catzkin.com. I got a grey/black tone... and beginning regretting it. I wish I wouldve gone with black and white like brabus did.

That interior is tasteful