Thread: Move Climate Control Unit

Move Climate Control Unit

Can anyone help me>? I want to move my climate contronl head unit down to where my Cassette holder is, so i can install my in-dash TV in its place. Ive seen some club202 members with this set up and i want it myself. Im not to good at the DIY stuff, so i was wondering if anyone in the Bay Area would help me out with it. I'll shoot you some cash.

Anyone... Please>?!

In Charge
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Ok, I understand what he did, but how is he keeping the climate control from just sliding right back out if you were to pull on it? Because all he did was slide it in, right? Also, why is the DVD unit sticking so far out? How much space is there behind the climate control unit?

Guess nobody knows>?

There are tabs on the side of the hvac controll, just like your radio, this locks into place when you slide your hvac unit in position.

That is how it stop from sliding out from the oem or above the ash tray.

In my article where I write up a DIY for extending a 2.0 radio faceplate I answer a question on how to move the hvac to a different position. I also answer the depth question in a following post in the same article.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest relocation of the climate controll is a 1. So get out there and swappy swap!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by bc24
    How much space is there behind the climate control unit?
    LESS then behind the radio opening!

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL