Ok, I know this isn't rocket science but I just installed my grill and I put together a "Do it Yourself" thread for the archives. I purchased the grill from www.autoblz.com after reading a thread from merclover. I have to admit, I purchased a grill before from ebay. I can't remember the guys name but the grill was garbage (poor finish and fit). This grill's finish is remarkable and the chrome parts are real, no sticky chrome garbage. Definitely superior quality. For anyone that is curious to know it shipped within 3 days and was packaged quite nice. It was wrapped in so much bubble wrap I could have bounced it off the floor. Anyway if you guys have any questions let me know...

Before and After:

So you start with your stock, less than glamorous, grill:

To start there are eight bolts on the reverse side of your grill as I have highlighted in the picture below. Four of the bolts line the top and there are two on each side of the grill. Remove all of the bolts before you start pulling any of the clips.

After all of the bolts are removed there will be two black plastic pieces on each side of the hood latch that fall right out, if not just leave them be you do not need to remove these pieces to complete the grill but the bolts you remove hold them in place.

Now that you have all the bolts removed notice that there are eight clips that hold the grill in place. There will be four large clips and four small clips. The large clips line the top and there are two small clips on each side. IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERITIVE THAT YOU REMEMBER THE POSITIONING OF THE CLIPS AND HOW THEY SLIDE OVER THE METAL. Here is where the clips are located and what they look like.

After all of the clips are removed you will see a single philips head screw at the base of the framing. You can remove the screw before or after you remove the framing. The screw is only there to hold the grill insert to the framing. it does not hold the framing or grill insert to the hood.

The easiest way to pull the frame out is from the two bottom corners. Apply a little pressure and it will slide right out.

Once you have the framing out the grill insert will slide right out. It sits quite loose in the frame without the clips holding it in place.

Clean the framing if necessary and then get the new insert ready for installation. Here is a picture of the grill and a side pic showing how the chrome inserts are weaved into the rest of the frame (no sticky chrome tape shmizzle)

Now here's the more difficult part of the installation. This grill fits a whole lot more snug that the original. Have you ever gotten a plastic whatever and noticed that there may be some excess plastic around the edges from how they are pressed at the factory? My grill had some excess plastic on the top. I used a razor knife to shave the plastic a bit till it fit just right. I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys this but be careful while shaving. When you insert the grill you will have to rock it in a bit. I suggest sliding the right side in under the metal prongs of the frame and slide the grill in as far as it can go (touching the right end of the grill to the frame. Move the grill around a bit until it slides in. DON'T APPLY TOO MUCH PRESSURE. It's only plastic people! I took a picture and highlighted the areas which you may have to shave the plastic.

Now replace the grill exactly how you took it off. Don't try to look at the clips and see where they go. It will make no sense until you put the framing with the insert back on the car. Slide the framing and grill back in the hood placing the top in first and then pushing the two bottom corners in place. WHEN YOU PUT THE FRAMING BACK IN REMEMBER TO SLIDE THE TOUNGE FOR THE HOOD LATCH THROUGH THE SECOND SLOT FROM THE TOP. The grill will sit in the hood fine with no clips or bolts holding it in place. Insert the clips into the necessary spots on the metal of the hood. You may have to adjust some of the clips to accommodate your new insert. If necessary. Tap on the clips gently with a hammer or pry on them with a screwdriver to get them tighter or wider to fit back in place. Once all the clips are in place all the bolts back in and you're ready to go.

Now you should look just like this....

If it looks like this, you definitely did something wrong. Remove the grill and start over....