Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camber Adjustment For 'rear' Of 202

CKlasse
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    CKlass,

I was going to put them on but decided against it. I know there would be several degrees of camber adjustment if they were on.

I am positive that you could start with -2 degrees camber and adjust the wheels to 0 camber.

But I am looking into Metric Rod ends and Metric tie rods so I could make sets of these so they will just fit right up.

I have a quote on metirc heim joint rod ends, now I just need to find the tie rods.

Jeff
    Jeff, if you found the metric joint rod ends.. you can combine it with the benzboy tie rod. I am sure they fit right in. BTW if you do find these metric ball joint... I am interested in replacing few of the woren out OEM ball joint. So far no luck on metric sizes.

CKlass,

The threads on the metric rod ends would not fit into the SAE threaded Benzboy tie rods

But I think I might have found a source for both.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator
    whats the differents between metric rods and SAE, is it just better fitment or something else??

thanks for fill me in

jason

Speedy, i'll front up some cash if you can make me a set if it works out.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Bolts, threads here is the USA are based on a diameter of so many inches and so many threads per inch. Such a bolt could be a 3/8" bolt with 24 threads per inch.

Metric bolts, threads are based on a diameter of so many milimeters and so many milimeters per thread pitch. A common metric bolt, say your brake calipers bolts would be 12mm diameter with 1.5 milimeter per thread pitch.

Rocky,

When I find a good, dependable manufacturer of the parts we need then I will let the people interested know what the parts cost are and the time frame to get the items fabricated.

Until then I would not want any deposit for parts costs. And I know you do not know me from Adam, but what I design will be a simple bolt up item that should allow several degrees of camber adjustment.

Jeff

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Jeff, no worries, I trust most of the people on this board. Let me know if you need anything..i'll try my bestest.
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator

Bolts, threads here is the USA are based on a diameter of so many inches and so many threads per inch. Such a bolt could be a 3/8" bolt with 24 threads per inch.

Metric bolts, threads are based on a diameter of so many milimeters and so many milimeters per thread pitch. A common metric bolt, say your brake calipers bolts would be 12mm diameter with 1.5 milimeter per thread pitch.

Rocky,

When I find a good, dependable manufacturer of the parts we need then I will let the people interested know what the parts cost are and the time frame to get the items fabricated.

Until then I would not want any deposit for parts costs. And I know you do not know me from Adam, but what I design will be a simple bolt up item that should allow several degrees of camber adjustment.

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff, any luck with these I am just wondering

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Awesome..i'll be first in line
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

Sign me up too! I'm a little worried about my -2.2 out back. The hub carrier shim idea sounds like it'll work, but I want an easier solution that wont 'crush' or 'walk'.
    1996 C36 /////AMG..(sold).....now rolling an \'05 EVO VIII

CKlasse
    I never actually installed the shims on the benz as I havent found my 'desired height' on the vehicle just yet. I am raising the car back up as soon as I could get my hand on a bay.

As far as camber correction, I might got with Jeff's original plan. Get a pair of benzboy w124 kit and drilled a larger hole on the upper arm. It seems to make more sense to me.

Alright, I just ordered the parts to make the Camber Arms.

Price will be about $250 a set and will use metric hardware, so it will not require that the stock mounts be ground larger.

The Rod Ends also are very high quality and are Teflon lined to self lubricate and reduce noise.

Please let me know if your interested in buying a set, so I know how many to make up.

Jeff

I'm interested in a set for sure.
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

Alright, I just ordered the parts to make the Camber Arms.

Price will be about $250 a set and will use metric hardware, so it will not require that the stock mounts be ground larger.

The Rod Ends also are very high quality and are Teflon lined to self lubricate and reduce noise.

Please let me know if your interested in buying a set, so I know how many to make up.

Jeff
    Is this for teh Cambers front and back??? i m interesting at it. but i need little mor edetail of how much you it actually corrct?

MBATF,

The arms or links will be for the rear only. To do the front would require a redesign of the upper control arm and that is just a little too much work.

The rear camber links should allow adjustment of about 4 degrees both positive and negative.

So if your car now sits at a -2.2 degrees camber you would be able to adjust it to zero camber if you wanted.

The rod ends are high quality alloy steel, chrome plated with teflon bearing races to help movement and noise. To get the correct spacing to the stock mounts, stainless steel spacers will be machined to a close tolerance to provide a precision fit.

Jeff

MBATF,

The arms or links will be for the rear only. To do the front would require a redesign of the upper control arm and that is just a little too much work.

The rear camber links should allow adjustment of about 4 degrees both positive and negative.

So if your car now sits at a -2.2 degrees camber you would be able to adjust it to zero camber if you wanted.

The rod ends are high quality alloy steel, chrome plated with teflon bearing races to help movement and noise. To get the correct spacing to the stock mounts, stainless steel spacers will be machined to a close tolerance to provide a precision fit.

Jeff
    Thanks speedy benz, is there a limited time for us to purchas it from u? or it can be ordered any time? also, what can i do to correct teh front cambers? cuz now seem like the K-Mac kit will not correct to Zero completely...

CKlasse
    Jeff,

Count me in for a pair. I have a 95 C220 if that matters. Are you still interested in a trade for a pair of Carbon Fiber laminated tips?

The Camber arms/links will take about 2 weeks maybe 3 to get the parts and machine the spacers-inserts.

There is no time limit now on buying these arms, but I would like a "show of hands" on how many sets to make.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

I may want one. I am not sure though. is installation hard or what???? What is it exactly that makes it fix the camber?? Could it adjust it to 0.00??

regards

J nolte
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Jeff,

You can count on myself wanting a set if you would put one together for me. I am putting my springs on next weekend and will take set as soon as you can have one ready. I dont want to be buying a set of tires every 3 months, Thanks-MOE
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only

CKlasse
    Originally posted by jnolte
    Jeff

I may want one. I am not sure though. is installation hard or what???? What is it exactly that makes it fix the camber?? Could it adjust it to 0.00??

regards

J nolte
    J Nolte,

I believe Jeff's camber kit is an adjustable upper links. If you see your rear suspension, there are 5 links. You could fix the camber angle by lengthen the upper link -- pivoting the wheel into 0 camber angle.

What I would be interested to know is what kind of joint will Jeff use in this kit.

Jeff, you have a list of people yet? Make sure i'm on that list please hehehehe
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

Rocky,

Yes, you are on the list.

Jeff

Woo hoo...being that i'm located in Toronto Canada (best place in the world), would that be a problem? Do you accept monopoly money? hahahaha
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

I am about 2 hours away from finishing up the first couple sets of cambers arms.

The only thing holding me back is installing my new brakes. More on that later.

The arms are "I must say myself, Way Bitch'in". Everything is sized to fit right in, just remove the old and slide in the new. All the spacers are Stainless Steel and will not rust or corrode.

Pics in a day or two.

Jeff

Below is the finished Camber Arm. The rod end inserts are drilled for use of stock metric hardware. The rod ends bearing race is a Kelvar-Teflon bonded material to provide a tight fitting bearing and to reduce noise. the inserts are stainless steel. The arm is DOM steel thats Cadnium plated for rust prevention.