Thread: gauge cluster

gauge cluster

i found a used gauge cluster for sale, now if i were to install it in my car will it work?? it is from the same w202 from what the guy has told me... will the mileage from my car display or is the mileage stored in the cluster? also i have seen that the SRS light will come on... is that b/c the battery was not disconnected?? well is this possible, just plug and play or should i jus forget about it, if there is more intricate electronic sh*t involved... thanks

OG Moderator
    Well if its a completely working cluster just used it should work no problems.. and as long as its from the same year c-class as yours even better, basically its plug and play.
    as for showing your mileage on the new (used) cluster.. it will show whatever mileage was on his car.. but there is a way around this.. it means opening up both clusters and swapping just the gauges over to your cluster.
    why you need the cluster? does it have white face gauges in it????
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

it is a lorinser gauge cluster, mine is just the base and this has the lorinser white face i am unsure of the year tho...

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/10/88/c8_1_b.JPG

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/10/6e/17_1_b.JPG

another pix... for $125 is it worth it??

i saw this on ebay the other day... not sure if its worth it though...
    95 C280 SPORT, canadian model.... LOTS OF GOODIES

Its not worth buying a whole new guage unit...That white face can be tooken out seperately from the whole cluster. its just a piece of white plastic with numbers on it, it is not actually attached to the cluster unit thing.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

thanks for the info... i knew you could do that with hondas and what not, but not a mbz, also are the lights diff color, mine are orange, will they be diff color, i know that is also something to change, are teh bulbs are to find? change? thanks for all hte help and insight!
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

The cluster that you showed us on ebay is simply a standard c class cluster with a white face plate. Therefore the color will still be orange (amber). Unless the person who had it before changed the tiny little bulbs that are in the cluster. Yes you can change them, and you can usually find multicolored bulbs for them online. They are these tiny little wedge bulbs.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting