what is pulling of the codes gonna do for me

Elvir
    Baaa

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by C280 JR
    what is pulling of the codes gonna do for me

Elvir
    errr use your LOGIC!

Whenever the check engine light turns on, a series of error codes are genereated for the OBD II. It basically tells you what triggered the check engine light to come on.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

ok....well this MB stealership wants to charge me $75 dolars just to see what the problem is...but i doubt that autozone would have a computer sufisticated enough to do the job...cause this BM stealership did not have it suphisticated enough the first time i went there..but they told me that they uptated their computer..
    Another one that i go to charges 60 bucks but its hella far away

Elvir
    Baaa

CKlasse
    lmao.. by the time i reached the bottom of this thread, i am exhausted!

Elvir, all post 96 cars have a Trouble Codes and 16 PIN - Code Retriever Device that are standardized by the DOT. You'll also found that some pre 96 benz are compatible to the new standard. The main reason is of course so the BIG manufacturer sand their stealerships would not monopolize the 'how to' and kill the small independant stores.

Now, this 'standardized' diagnostic device is called OBD-II. You could go to anyone with OBD-II scanner to pull your trouble codes. Although, it is true that MB uses an inhouse scanner that has much more infos (gotta love the part # database!), the OBD2 scanner at your local autozone will do just fine!

Save the 75 bucks... for your body kit!

CLOWN!

haha do some searches..many many people goto Autozone to get the OBD II codes pulled. It's not a MB exclusive service.

Hell I never seen an autozone let alone been in one cause there's no autoazones in canada and I know they offer free OBD II code pulling hehehe
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

K&N Filters are great

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Depending on how much oil was on yourl filter you could be looking for a new one. Search the site for alternate places to purchase the mas. Installation is really simple.
    But you got to be very careful oiling them. I've run them in all the family cars since 94 and haven't had trouble with them, Also, don't clean them too often, if you don't drive on dirt, once a year is sufficient or once the filter turns black. I just cleaned the K&N in my daughters car last nite and going to oil it today, let it sit for a hour or so and they take a paper towel and pat the filter gently to get any excess oil. Also you only put the oil between the seams. :bunny:
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

See my Post on K&N

filter in the performance section, I think they are great, but you can't over oil them. I just cleaned my daughters K&N filter with had around 25K on it. wash it and reoiled and let it sit for a day and patted off any excess oil.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

ive had a drop in k&n on my 98 c230 for 7500 miles now... no probs with checkengine light / mas
    1998 Brilliant Silver C230
    K&N Air Filter
    OEM Mercedes Clear Corners (Bosch)
    OEM Mercedes All-Season Rubber Floormats