Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: w210 mirrors instalation? need help

w210 mirrors instalation? need help

hi guys i tried to install my w210 mirrors but no success! i got the mirrors but the conectors(plugs) are not the same? what can i do?

who did you get it from?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

In Charge
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

i did the search 100 times its not enough information for me?thats why i asked.

In Charge
    "Once you have all the wires secured attach wire harness of the W210 mirrors to the connectors on the car (If you have the standard square connector that comes with the W210 mirrors you can either covert your exsiting connector on the car to the W210 style or swap wire harness from your old mirrors to your new ones. Either way it will work) and slide on the cover."

Take straight from the Featured Story I just linked you to.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

where can i buy w210 mirrors?

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

Originally posted by FreeStyler
    where can i buy w210 mirrors?
    Steve (MBenzNL) n ths forum and all MB forums.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

Aha, thank you again Mrspace.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

how much it usualy cost for a pair of w210 mirrors

steve is saying 450 which is more costly than not, i think 300 or 350 would be fair, and how do you add the button to your console
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    steve is saying 450 which is more costly than not, i think 300 or 350 would be fair, and how do you add the button to your console

u have to buy new cener consol piece. if you own wood piece there. no way cutting the metal under the wood and getting it perfect.

ok so when i took out my mirrors my car has a rectangular plug, and the w210 mirrors has a differenr one what do i do just cut the conector on my car or the w210 mirrors? thats were im lost with this project?

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    450 is for power folding ones incl. the wiring harness and switch...which means that regular non folding blinking mirrors are still only 350USD shipped...and that INCLUDES canged connectors to make it a plug and play modification...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

450 is a good price with changed connectors looms and switches, for the effort and time taken to order individual parts (and sourcing them) it would cost you waaay more!
    Alps
    C36 AMG 1997 18\" Mono II, Light Smoke tints, Avantgarde grill, folding dimming 210 mirrors, H&R`s, Alpine Multimedia, Soundstream, OEM Xenons more to come.....

just make your hookup w/out connectors you'll be fine
    trick is to find the right wire so check out the color of the wire thats for the rear blinker then tap into it in your door sills easy money (btw it was brown on my car but double check yours take out the rear tailight and look) gl
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

MY mechanic said for me to find the plugs and then we can connect them. i dont know were in the world im going to find these plugs with the wires?

can somebody please take a pic of the connector to see how it looks like? so i can make it fit? thank you

I got a set of non folding, auto dimming, Obs. Blk that I bought from steve loonnnnnnnnnng time ago and never installed.

Brand new, 300USD shipped

Originally posted by jstrat85
    MY mechanic said for me to find the plugs and then we can connect them. i dont know were in the world im going to find these plugs with the wires?
    I'm interested in knowing the outcome of your mod. Actually I'm in the middle of the same mod myself and so far I've managed to change the w210 facelift connector to the round connnector from the info that I've got on other forums.

Anybody knows the part nos for the pins as per the pic below? (this would go into the rectangular connector )

Worse come to worse when I've got my wirings sorted out I'll just hardwire the mirror to the car but would appreciate if anyone could help with the part no as I could keep the mod OEM.

MTIA
    rizal
    1998 E240 Avantgarde Black
    1998 C200 Esprit Black

can somebody please take a pic of the connector to see how it looks like? so i can make it fit? thank you
    some w202's don't even have connectors on both sides only on one side, best thing to do is take off both door panels and old mirrors and double check what you have, there's a lot of writeups here on how to do that
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

do you know were i can get the round connectors from?

do you know were i can get the round connectors from?
    you can't get the two parts AFAIK only the male, or female, canT' remember.. the other one comes qith a harness and is mucho $$$

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

so what can i do? i need help

ok so when i took out my mirrors my car has a rectangular plug, and the w210 mirrors has a differenr one what do i do just cut the conector on my car or the w210 mirrors? thats were im lost with this project?
    What type of mirrors that you're putting on? If it's nonfolding/non dimming then you're wont need the round plug.
    The rectangular plug would provide the heating and electrical adjustment to the mirrors and this is where I'm also stuck on.

From what I gather the pins position and function is as below :

1 & 2 are heated glass

3, 4 and 5 are for mirror adjusting

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 sit in the exact same order as the wires in the oldstyle mirror sit (as in black-red...brown...and then the grey/white/black)

6 and 7 are always colored (black-white and brown) and are for the blinker

IMO You could take out the pins on the w210 mirrors instead the connector on the car as you could pop the old mirrors back onto the car if you're thinking of selling it on.

As I've said before I might hookup without connector if I couldn't find the pins part nos. I have the rectangular housing part # but it would be no help if you do not have the pins to go with it
    rizal
    1998 E240 Avantgarde Black
    1998 C200 Esprit Black

I sodered each wire together individually. If you want plug and play, best bet is to get MBenzNL's.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms