Thread: Wheel balancing

In Charge

Wheel balancing

Hey all:

Just wondering. How often do you balance your wheels, and how do you determine if you need it?

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

CKlasse
    One of your wheels pulsating, making noises at certain speed, vibrating, pulling to one side? I found that once you balance all 4 tires, you hardly ever need to redo it until the next tire replacements. The problems I mentioned above could be your suspensions or brakes. What's your symptoms!

In Charge
    Oh, no probs yet. I was just curious on what to look out for, I think one of my wheels might need balancing. Not too sure b/c the roads do suck here. If a wheel was unbalanced, you would feel it through all speeds, r more when you are going slower?

Thanks,

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I have my wheels balanced at every oil change. The place I go to offers life time balancing..... I bet they had no idea that I would be taking it back every 5000 miles :bunny:
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

CKlasse
    every 5000 miles? wow You probably risking scratching your wheel more than unbalanced Tire!!!

Discount Tire Co. has pretty good information - Click Here

Basically, I would suggest to balance tires if uneven wear on tires is apparent. Moreover, you would need to ALIGN your wheel if one of your tire is unbalance -- misalignment cause unbalance in most cases.

Stuck in snowstorm during New Year Eve.. Ugh!
    Girlfriend is having time of the month.. ARGHHH!
    Talking about Balancing Tires online on New Year Eve... PRICELESS

in any case.. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

Edit - Balance your wheel.. supposed to be ALIGN your wheel!

Originally posted by CKlasse
    every 5000 miles? wow You probably risking scratching your wheel more than unbalanced Tire!!!

Naw, I take off the wheels myself and bring them to the shop and with softer aftermarket wheels they use the stick on weights that I double up with duct tape after they are done.

So no scratches.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

CKlasse
    hahaha... I just love this group.. you are all car freaks! My kind of crowd!