Brakeman Calipers 31.0 lbs
    Brakeman Rotor 7.0 lbs
    Shocks and Springs 15.0 lbs
    Spare Wheel 45.0 lbs
    Spare Jack 3.5 lbs
    Stock Ctr Resonator
    and Muffler 44.0 lbs

Total 233.5 lbs

1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

hahaha the amg lightweight edition.

Jeff if you dont want your heated seats.... heheheheh
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OG Moderator
    Jeff,

Tell me more about the brake caliper... dude... I am all ears for that..

Also what is the fan and themo couple...?

Regardz,

J Irwan

In Charge
    Good stuff there, Jeff. I'll be looking into doing a few pound shaving myself.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by J Irwan
    Jeff,

Tell me more about the brake caliper... dude... I am all ears for that..

Also what is the fan and themo couple...?

Regardz,

J Irwan
    I believe he's talking about the big mechanical fan connected to the water pump. It's not really needed unless you do lots of stop and go driving in 100+F weather...and even in a pinch, you could always just turn on the heater on high. (sure it's uncomfortable...but if you're that worried about engine temps...)
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

i never had a spare wheel in the trunk
    i'm glad i don't though

CKlasse
    Jeff,

You are hardcore. I couldn't wait until you take it out to the track.

i never had a spare wheel in the trunk
    What would a 15"spare do for 18" set?

Yea, I guess its sort of extreme. But removing the weight on the items I have focused on have not really changed the character of the car except to make it lighter and faster.

I have not recieved the brake calipers or rotors yet. But I hope in the next week or so they get the kit figured out. The brake caliper is to be a Brakeman F4 unit that weighs 5.5 lbs. It is forged alum. and used on Vipers and Corvettes of track days and racing. The stock AMG caliper weighs 21lbs. That is a lot of cast iron hanging at the end of the suspension control arms. The rotor will be a two piece unit with an alum. hat and cast iron rotor.

The fan it just how Renn208 explained its connected to the water pump and since removing it I have not seen any increase in water temps, even with lots of stop and go in Sacramento, CA.

In-place of the spare tire I purchased two can of flat fix. I hope it works well. Although I have not need a spare in years. Having said that I am sure to have a flat in the next day or so.

I will have a very cheap and easy airbox mod shortly. It will be easy to do and cheap.

I also see that the aftermarket makes a harmonic damper for the crank of a 5.0 liter Mustang that is only 5.5" in diameter. That would be a 20% speed reduction to our AC,water pump and Alt. I have got to see if I can get them to make one for our cars as it would retain the Harmonic balancer and underdrive the pulleys at the same time.

I will let you know when I know.

Jeff
    Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Need airbox mod, please post when you can!!! Thanks for the caliper info...
    all sold

how about:

Manual windows
    Manual adjusted seats
    delete airco

That will bring you a lot more gain in weightreduction...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Speedy,
    Any interest in selling your stock C43 front brake setup after you get your brakeman F4 unit? I'd be interested. Thanks. You can email me directly if you like.

Dave

Originally posted by MBenzNL
    how about:

Manual windows
    Manual adjusted seats
    delete airco

That will bring you a lot more gain in weightreduction...

greetingz,
    ya do it
    I need your klimacontrol
    My c200 is getting more heavyer soon

Mike
    Mike c200

AMG C43
    Weight Reduction Program

Parts Description

Fan & Thermo Couple 5.0 lbs
    SSR Comp Wheels 52.0 lbs
    Odessy Dry Cell 31.0 lbs
    Brakeman Calipers 32.0 lbs
    Brakeman Rotor 4.0 lbs
    Spare Wheel 45.0 lbs
    Spare Jack 3.5 lbs
    Stock Ctr Resonator 44.0 lbs

Total 231.5 lbs

the thing with weight reduction is
    watch what you eat !!!
    would be pointless to reduce a car's weight by let's say 150 lbs
    but then gain 100 lbs in body weight

no offense intended to anyone
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Eurosport,

Man your not joking that is why I have become anorixic over the last few months and purge most of my food except for a half a wafer of slatine cracker.

I am down from 210lbs to 78.47 lbs and feel great.

Except while tightening my lug bolts to 85 ft-lbs I snaped my arm bone. Must be a loss of calcium, damnit cause I am not going to eat dairy.

a cf hood will reduce the weight by a lot, the front of my car seems to be higher after the cf hood actually...

What brand of CF hood do you have? Do you use the stock hood supports? Does it buckle at high speed?

What is your est. on weight savings?

Jeff

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    What brand of CF hood do you have? Do you use the stock hood supports? Does it buckle at high speed?

What is your est. on weight savings?

Jeff
    Jeff you can get a VIS CF hood for about 400-500. I think they have it in stock. I talked to a guy that has it around here and he said it was a noticable difference, and he was surprised. The guy said the hood about about 10lbs Max. I think it would be wise to use locks just to make sure. the only thing that discredits it is that its not OEM fit, but from what i saw it looked like it fit pretty well.
    Got BRABUS?

jeff, is that like the atkins diet for the car? hehehehe

As I have posted before I would paint mine to match the car, so surface defects could be fixed to get a better finish.

Jeff

OG Moderator
    As I have posted before I would paint mine to match the car, so surface defects could be fixed to get a better finish.

Jeff
    thats what i would do too.
    Got BRABUS?

Re: AMG C43 Weight Reduction Program

AMG C43
    Weight Reduction Program

Parts Description

Fan & Thermo Couple 5.0 lbs
    SSR Comp Wheels 52.0 lbs
    Odessy Dry Cell 31.0 lbs
    Brakeman Calipers 31.0 lbs
    Brakeman Rotor 7.0 lbs
    Spare Wheel 45.0 lbs
    Spare Jack 3.5 lbs
    Stock Ctr Resonator
    and Muffler 44.0 lbs

Total 233.5 lbs
    Sorry to bring up an old thread like this.

But I've started to mod my car and I'm wondering how much all the Brakeman stuff cost (I've search the internet and it's hard to get prices).

I'm going to try and shave off some weight.

Can the resonators be replaced with straight pipes? How loud will it be?

Depending on what the "brakeman" brake parts costs I think I can loose about 150 pounds.
    C280Sportster

CKlasse
    Just over $2000, I believe.

old thread I know but the fan, is that the one right next two the engine? the one big fan? and if not can that fan be removed?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

rollinrealbig

Talking

do little weight reduction mods make that big of a differance ? or if you add them all up ?

i mean, if they do, i might as well go take a shit before i race. LoL