Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I want to make Carbon Fiber for your benz!

i'll take 7
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by SDR
    Can't believe I read through this whole dang thread only to see that he hasn't replied in a year. Why do so many people pop up with these grand plans and then disappear?
    BTW: I'm gonna build turbo's for all 202's. They'll be almost free and will add 200 RWHP. Really. Just tell me if you're interested and then I'll start building
    Sadly, that's the Internet for you...super projects disappear all the time, people quote gains that aren't real, people make up "facts" and so on. Put on a healthy dose of skepecisim and you start to separate the wheat from the chaff.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by SDR
    Can't believe I read through this whole dang thread only to see that he hasn't replied in a year. Why do so many people pop up with these grand plans and then disappear?
    BTW: I'm gonna build turbo's for all 202's. They'll be almost free and will add 200 RWHP. Really. Just tell me if you're interested and then I'll start building
    Damnit. I just did the same thing and felt very cheated at the end!! Just like watching "Mulholland Dr."

rollinrealbig
    I want CF pistons and rims so I can shave off all that extra weight!!!

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    I want CF pistons and rims so I can shave off all that extra weight!!!
    CF pistons.. Hmm.. maybe not, but the rims will probably come out in late '08. The company I work for is getting closer to developing them. But, don't get too excited, because they probably won't be made for passenger cars. Probably.
    There is a company right now making carbon fiber wheels for semi-truck trailers. But, they're then painted with a silver erosion coating. COOOOL!

Originally posted by Lensolo
    CF pistons.. Hmm.. maybe not, but the rims will probably come out in late '08. The company I work for is getting closer to developing them. But, don't get too excited, because they probably won't be made for passenger cars. Probably.
    There is a company right now making carbon fiber wheels for semi-truck trailers. But, they're then painted with a silver erosion coating. COOOOL!
    I believe there is a guy in Hawaii who makes CF wheels...I will find the link later...

what happened to that other guy who wanted to make CF for everyone?

In the meantime, good thing I didn't wait for that CF airbox...

I got it used from evosport. It was made by rbtech.

Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
    In the meantime, good thing I didn't wait for that CF airbox...

I got it used from evosport. It was made by rbtech.
    Very nice! Any gains with this box on your car?

He gains weight!
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    He gains weight!
    hah.. I wouldnt of minded a cf airbox .. even just a lid for it to kept her != FATTY, and a CF front engine cover and a "Kompressor lid"
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

AMG style body kit

just came across a vendor that has amg replicas for the w202 models, amg designs. retailing for USD 500 excluding shipping & handling in malaysia
    C280